Mums weekly Thread 17/01/2015 to 23/01/2015

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
Hi mums,

I have been signed on to this thread for months, but find it a bit difficult to navigate and get to know you guys. I thought it might be nice to have a weekly thread that we can follow regularly. (I will do my best to renew it, running from Saturday to Friday [or any of us can renew it if I forget]) Feel free to talk about anything. weigh struggles, kid struggles, school struggles, work struggles. Or actually, not just struggles, but all the positives we can congratulate each other on too!

Today is Friday...TGIF...no not the restaurant :p , but the saying :D . Homework day for the kids...always a busy day, but it is good too because then I'm less tempted to snack. Also working on my new chapter for my thesis for school (not really cause writing this :o ).

I have introduced myself before but let me do it again.

Hi! I am a mum of 6, aged between 2 and 10 :sweat_smile: I live in London and have been married 12 years. Originally a Seattlite, but now consider myself a Londoner. I have been constantly studying...BA then MA and now completing my PhD. But I am mainly a home body, except for school runs, shopping etc. Like some mums I find myself surrounding myself and dedicating myself completely to my family, therefore have not had may close friend since moving here 12 years ago.

On the weight front...I have always been over weight since I was a kid. In high school I remember always wanting to make it to 172lbs, but never achieving that. Surprisingly it wasn't until I started having kids that my weigh went down. So...started on MFP (April 2013) weighing 183lbs, however my highest was 227lbs in 2009. I tried low calories and exercise for a while and got down to 177lbs (took me 16 months to do that), now I have started 5:2 (since September) and am now down to 164lbs (took 5 months to do that :D )

Sorry, I rambled on so much. Hope we can all get to know each other better. And support each other in any way we can! Lets do it!!

Replies

• snaps27
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi all, Friday's almost finished here in London. Good end to the day. Had pre-logged food, I didn't eat, saved some calories there. Kids almost all done with homework too. Now I'm shattered so off to bed soon.
  • amandapearl81
    amandapearl81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's been a great Friday so far. The kids did great with school (we homeschool). They diligently worked with no complaining and fighting (it's a miracle, y'all!).
    I've got a girl's night out with my best friend planned for tonight. I've picked my meal and logged it, but I'm nervous. This will be my first restaurant experience that will be tempting.
    I've stayed on plan today, and even walked for 35 minutes. I've decided to start adding exercise into this journey.
    I hope everyone else has had a productive day!
  • catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I've had a good first week, lost some weight, met most of my goals - wimped out of joining a Pilates class cause cold and rainy though. Weaning not going very well, so far she doesn't like sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin or baby rice, but she did have great fun crushing them and dropping them on the floor. Guess that just means I get to keep eating an extra 400cals a day for another little while :)
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
    Looking forward this week. (About to start 30 day shred) am resting today...
    Have been on 1200 a day for a while and finding it easier to stay there.
    Working out at home with two wonderful kids can be extra challenging lol
    A wonderful week to everyone!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Glad to see all of you. I stayed on track yesterday and stayed to my allotted calories, however I weighed in to day and saw a slight gain :'( , but not too much so it okay. My little one woke up with heat rash and took my mind off food for quite a bit of the day yesterday. Poor little guy, I hate seeing them in pain and always fear the worst, but he's all better now. When ever I had trouble weaning with my kids I would sit them next to me with nothing and then I would sit next to them with (my food, but really their food) something I would eat like mashed potatoes. I would eat it and then they would start to get interested and slowly they would take form mine and then they would be on their own before you know it. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Happy Monday, all you mums! Big kids off to school and I've just got the 2 little ones (4 and 2). Haven't had breakfast so I am shooting for one of my fast days today.
  • catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me too! Managed to keep under 700 this time, the 3 marshmallows were my downfall... I managed to avoid chocolate though :).
  • lanorrr
    lanorrr Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi all! I'm lindsay. Just had a baby in November and now I'm trying to lose the baby weight and then some! I have about 30 pounds to lose, and so far it's not coming off as quickly as I'd like. I gained 44 pounds in my pregnancy and lost about 20 super easily and now I'm stalling out. Trying not to get discouraged and keep at it, I've been walking as much as I can and trying to eat healthy... I'd love to connect with anyone in the same boat!
  • snaps27
    Options
    lanorrr wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm lindsay. Just had a baby in November and now I'm trying to lose the baby weight and then some! I have about 30 pounds to lose, and so far it's not coming off as quickly as I'd like. I gained 44 pounds in my pregnancy and lost about 20 super easily and now I'm stalling out. Trying not to get discouraged and keep at it, I've been walking as much as I can and trying to eat healthy... I'd love to connect with anyone in the same boat!

Check in here any time and we will be here with support!! I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost a pound! Happiness! Here is to more in that direction!!
  • OliviaVenter
    OliviaVenter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey

I am in the same boat ;-)
    December baby - with 20 lbs to lose.
    Didn't lose a single pound in the first month after her birth so figured I better get on this and start doing something about it - so here I am ;-)
    Hoping to see some results soon !
  • amberpickens
    amberpickens Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mother of 4 ages from 7months to 10 years. I had 4 c-sections and I can't seem to lose my lower belly fat any tips or ideas?
  • sunniegibson
    sunniegibson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Happy Thursday here now! I'm a mom of 2, one is eight and the other is sixteen months, my little has taken up scaring the crap out of mom! Climbing up and into everything! 4ljgiwetakyi.jpg

Been doing well myself staying within my goals, the only problem is that I don't eat enough during the day and end up eating a lot of my calories at night. It doesn't help that I have to make a late dinner because the hubs works midnights. Drinking enough water had helped me tremendously however I still struggle with the day eating, I just don't have the time! I bring snacks and then don't end up eating them. Anyone that can offer suggestions to help me meet my calorie goal more evenly throughout the day would be appreciated
  • momofmonkeysx3
    momofmonkeysx3 Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Can you add healthy fats and calorie dense foods to some earlier meals? Then you may not have to make extra effort or find extra time to eat again. Maybe add avocado to a breakfast smoothie, or coconut oil to oatmeal? Or maybe make kid snack foods that you also want to eat? I make low sugar, healthy granola bars, and then when my girls are snacking on them, I do, too. They don't know I left out all the junk and replaced it with healthy ingredients! ;) Good luck!

*edited because swypos are the death of me!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Been doing well myself staying within my goals, the only problem is that I don't eat enough during the day and end up eating a lot of my calories at night. It doesn't help that I have to make a late dinner because the hubs works midnights. Drinking enough water had helped me tremendously however I still struggle with the day eating, I just don't have the time! I bring snacks and then don't end up eating them. Anyone that can offer suggestions to help me meet my calorie goal more evenly throughout the day would be appreciated

Some people try to limit there food intake to a specific window, like 8:16. You could also try and bulk up at breakfast, then you won't have to work so hard the rest of the day.
  • marbearsmile
    Options
    I am a mom of 2: 5 years and 14 months. I'm also a full time nursing student. I have been a little overweight for most of my adult life. I would like to lose 40 lbs this year. My biggest challenge is finding time (and motivation) to exercise! Happy to have found this group and hope we can help each other out#