Marinade Calorie Counting?

Options
Anyone have advise for counting calories for marinated meats? My cooking usually consists of a marinated meat and some veggies for sides, but if I add all the ingredients for the marinade the calorie count is huge. We don't eat the marinade so it seems silly to me to count all those calories, but I do know that marinated meat has more than raw meat. Help!

Replies

• schaele
    schaele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some people weigh out the amount of marinade in the beginning and add the recipe (with the servings being 1gram or 1ounce) and then only log enough "servings" of that to cover what was used. I am inherently lazy so I just estimate how much there is left and use a measurement like cups/tbsp. Overestimating what you used is probably safer if you're doing it the lazyass way like me.
  • juhesihcaaa
    juhesihcaaa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just overcompensate in the amount of meat I eat. Meaning, if I ate 6oz of chicken, I'll call it 7 and make that do.
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This may or may not work for you, but I just say eff it on things like that. I slightly overestimate on most things (on purpose) and then my calorie budget is pretty conservative to begin with. These two factors allow me to not worry about incalculable things like marinade and the single bite I take out of my husband's mac & cheese.
  • lilyladyj
    Options
    I think if you're worried about it maybe measure the total amount of marinade before and after the meat has been in it. Just do it once and then you can kind of assume its similar in the future.