Can I have someone check out my diary?

Options
Could I have someone check out my diary for the last two days. I want to make sure I am on the right track. Also have lots of questions about protein. I am going over my protein goals by eating chicken and hard boiled eggs. Should I not be eating chicken for lunch and dinner? Today I am trying to not have any meat at dinner to not go over my protein goal. Thanks so much for ya'lls help!!

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    First thing first: The bird's eye veggies in your lunch says it has corn. Corn has carbs, as do the rest of those veggies (corn is a no-no). The "0" in the carb entry isn't correct. Also, beware of the sweet smoked bacon...it probably has added sugar. If I were you, I'd eat more, especially fat. Sour cream, heavy whipping cream, butter, cheese. Put that stuff on EVERYTHING. You're doing pretty good so far though!
  • SiouxFallsMan
    SiouxFallsMan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These are just the tips I am looking for!!
  • zymurgea
    zymurgea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd look for more variety as well - nuts are fine, but you need to look at consuming more fresh veggies - i.e. kale, broccoli, tomatoes, etc. I also noticed you're eating a lot of jerky - which is good for snacking now and then - but you're also getting all the preservatives and additives. You also look to be not actually eating enough (which I have been told as well as I'm not loosing - yet in keto).
    Remember - no sugars, starches, or grains. Corn is considered a starch, carrots are to be watched as they are high in natural sugars. It is said; you want to stay away from vegetables that are pulled from the ground vs those that are grow above (i.e. celery, Brussels sprouts, kale, etc.).
  • SiouxFallsMan
    Options
    This is the issue I am running into. I want to eat more but I need to stay within my protein c correct? I guess I need more stuff to eat that has less protein. Also need to find more snacks other than nuts and jerky haha!
  • carltonstedman
    carltonstedman Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, your caloric deficit is quite high. You should probably be targeting a sustainable 1-1.5 lbs loss per week, which is a 3500-5250 kcal/wk, meaning average of 500-750/day deficit. Your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) is probably 2200-2400, depending on exercise or not. Here's a good calculator: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

With TDEE of 2200 and 750 daily deficit, means you should be eating at least 1450 kcal/day to be sustainable. I would personally target 1600-1800/day and track progress over 2-3 weeks, adjusting as desired (NOTE: losing weight too fast increases how much muscle is lost).

If you eat more protein that it "kicks you out of ketosis" (it's more a spectrum than binary, btw), you will _still_ lose weight if you are in a caloric deficit, so I wouldn't stress too much if you go over your protein macro occasionally. Worst case you'll lose weight, just less, and maybe maintain more muscle.

I would suggest eating fattier protein sources. Boneless, skinless, (tasteless) chicken _breast_ is very high protein to fat ratio. You could cook up some bacon, preserve the fat, cut up some chicken and pan fry it in the bacon grease.

You could opt for darker poultry, like leg/thigh, and eat the skin.

Another option is red meat, particularly ground beef, aim for 80-85% -- avoid the (more expensive, less tasty) lean 90%+ stuff. Grassfed if you can afford it for omega-3s. Also, stew beef, and some fattier roasts (rump roast), or steak/sirloin slathered in butter are good choices.

Most sausages have good protein to fat ratios to hit your macros, too.

Good luck!

• SiouxFallsMan
    Options
    Thanks all for the tips!!! I feel I have a better understanding.
  • SiouxFallsMan
    Options
    Fat 75% Protein 20% and carbs 5%; 174g, 105g, 26g are what I have set