Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
06y31hk5lkrs.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I figured this was good motivation for me today!

Sherry - I agree with Laura, we all need days like that. Where we just allow ourselves to be a mess and then pick up the pieces later! Especially when you're having to be a single parent right now while your hubby is away.

I can start training again next week! My post op is on Tuesday but I plan to do a short run...probably only 10 or 15 minutes...on Monday. I'm really excited to get back into a training regimen. Yesterday my middle child woke up sick. So there is kiddo number two to fall ill. Thankfully this only seems to last a day...but I've been feeling achey and weird so there is some concern of it spreading to me or my hubby. I guess I'll just have to suck it up if I do. Hope you all had a fantastic week!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Val, how exciting! Monday. You're almost there. Sorry to hear illness is making its rounds though.

Today I'm still trying to dig myself out of this funk. No workout, few steps today, as I just didn't feel like trekking to the tutor with the kids. But at least I haven't eaten the whole house yet today like I did yesterday. Hoping sleep comes easier tonight so I can maybe get some errands done with the kids tomorrow.

Good to come here and read some good inspiration and enthusiasm. :-)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great Val that you can start running again!

Good that you're starting to dig out of the hole, Sherry. I've been in and out of it many times in the past few months and am now starting to feel that I might stay out for a bit. I hope so, anyway.

Yesterday I went to kettleball class, so I spent 45 minutes moving kettleballs around. Last night my neck and shoulders were unhappy with me, but a good night sleep seems to have made them a little happier. Today it's my lower half. Every time I get up from my desk I'm reminded of the class, but it's a good soreness.

Tonight is puppy class. The first class is owners only, so tonight, with the second class the puppies will be there too. I only have 5 puppies coming to this 8 week class. Most of the puppies are about 12 weeks old at the moment and of medium or large breeds. I'm looking forward to meeting them.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Doing good not great---a big improvement over last week. Progress, not perfection. I feel like I've fallen down 999 times and gotten up 1,000.

2_ThreeChoices_650.jpg