Introductions

Options
Introduce yourselves here!

Replies

• coosmic
    coosmic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I;m 57 and need all the help I can get. I need/should lose about 50-70 pounds to get back into my BMI Zone.
    Broke my ankle and dislocated my shoulder last year and seemed to balloon when I was not able to be at all active. Was in a cast for over 2 months due to complications. Spent the last 9 months getting somewhat back to normal as far as mobility.
    Now the next challenge is to get all that weight from being less than mobile, plus the added weight I accumulated over the years.
  • Cambriac
    Cambriac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi...! I'm Sharon, 51 and have been following a low glycemic eating plan for almost three years. So far it's worked great for me, I'm 53.5 pounds down, which is a bit of a back slide after the holidays, now I have 46.5 to go for my goal. Thank you for creating this group.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, My handle is Share Bear (Sharon), I am 59 and I have 15 pounds to lose. I have been yo-yo-ing since losing my weight in 2007. Kept it off until about 2010 and now I am having difficulty. Getting older so metabolism slower I guess. I am active, work out usually 4x a week, now upping it to 6. Eating like a bird. Down 4 since 1st of January. If I can keep this up it will be awesome. Its not easy and it would be good to have some MFP friends in my age bracket. I like to support my friends on here.
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Patricia. I turn 55 in November and wld like to lose 50 lbss by then. I work a full time job as well as a part-time job that will eventually become full-time. I live in Florida, originally from Pittsburgh. Married w two teens. Oldest graduates high school in May. I wld like to at least lose 20 for that. Friendships are not as trusting here as when I lived in PA. Hope to make some friendships on this site.☺
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 59 years old anxious about the big 60 coming up! I do well for several days& then fall off the wagon and eat everything! Maybe you can help me keep on task.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Marilyn Littlepage and I am a 54 year old Licensed Practical Nurse who works full time and also is a caregiver for my 79 year old Dad. I am on a journey to get healthy. ...So to all we are going to do this and we are going to make it......
  • Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 51 married with 2 daughters and two step sons and 7 grandchildren
    I got to goal 10 years ago lost half of me but put it all on and more
    I now have a few health problems so going to lose it this time and keep it off
    I need to get my blood sugars under control and my blood pressure
  • jbgh567
    jbgh567 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi, its been a while since anyone posted. Is there anyone over 50 that would like support? I am 56 and would welcome the support. I am trying to lose weight and just started (yet again)!
  • marlajc6378
    marlajc6378 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and used to be WW Lifetime but put on so much weight in the last 6 months. I can tell things don't fit, I'm out of breath and just sluggish. Need to lose at least 30 lbs and I could use some encouragement (and will gladly encourage others, too!). Count me in! I need this 😊