Options
hippygirl325
hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Day 5 - 12/26/14 - About 275 lbs
4d9a244f-706b-4c5b-bf31-6ae9e119595a_zps9db2e16a.jpg

Day 30 - 1/20/14 - 260 lbs
b1daba77-0b3a-4d9e-854c-fb0cf3e607ae_zps3787bcd9.jpg

Macros: 75% fat/20% protein/5% carbs - I usually stick to these pretty well and keep my net carbs below 24 g.
Calories: 1895 - Will be adjusting to a 20% deficit after every 10 lbs I lose

LCHF/Keto has worked for me a lot better than just counting calories. Because I don't eat all the carbs, I really don't get any cravings. The food I eat is satisfying, so I don't ever feel deprived. I can go a lot longer between meals if I wanted to. This is really exciting for me because last time I lost 35 lbs calorie counting (not monitoring macros) but gained it all back after I fell off the wagon and stopped logging. I was stuck for about a year and a half. Feels so good to be losing again and this time I have that feeling that says I'm never going back!

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! What a noticable change!
  • teresa4757
    teresa4757 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    great job! :smiley:
  • ybell300
    ybell300 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! You look great!
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Lei9785gha
    Lei9785gha Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Macros: 75% fat/20% protein/5% carbs - I usually stick to these pretty well and keep my net carbs below 24 g.

LCHF/Keto has worked for me a lot better than just counting calories. Because I don't eat all the carbs, I really don't get any cravings. The food I eat is satisfying, so I don't ever feel deprived. I can go a lot longer between meals if I wanted to. This is really exciting for me because last time I lost 35 lbs calorie counting (not monitoring macros) but gained it all back after I fell off the wagon and stopped logging. I was stuck for about a year and a half. Feels so good to be losing again and this time I have that feeling that says I'm never going back!

OMG tear..... I swear I have the same exact story...exactly...I counted calories no macros and logged daily and lost a good deal of weight once I stopped counting and stopped or slowed down on logging....BAM one day all the damn weight was back,,,excuse my English......I am now in my second week of low carb try a stay under 20g of carbs I don't have cravings or feel deprived and believe me I was a carbolic and snack ahold...I had sooo many snack attacks I loved all things cake like......I thought I ate healthy by choosing now I know the healthy carbs but still wwayyyyyy too many carbs healthy choice or not....I feel so happy and proud of ,yield and now that I know ur story I feel the same for you. Hopefully we have finally found what works for us and what will work to help us lose and change behavior and lifestyle for life. This was very touching it really hit close to home. Thx for being brave and couragous and sharing ur story!!!!!!!!!
  • Lei9785gha
    Lei9785gha Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Hopefully in 30 days I can feel as accomplished and lose as much as u. Please add me I could use ur help...again I'm new and I can learn from u sharing ur diary and ur story
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! The difference is amazing. You can do this.
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome! The loss is very noticeable. I have noticed a difference watching my carb intake. I don't get hungry between meals like I use too. I don't crave all the sweet stuff like before.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You have inspired many to just keep believing it is the answer.
  • sun_shine765
    sun_shine765 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • fantasticelastic
    fantasticelastic Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good woman
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great work! You've been doing a good job of sticking with keto and it shows. Be very proud and KCKO!
  • hippygirl325
    Options
    Lei9785gha wrote: »

OMG tear..... I swear I have the same exact story...exactly...I counted calories no macros and logged daily and lost a good deal of weight once I stopped counting and stopped or slowed down on logging....BAM one day all the damn weight was back,,,excuse my English......I am now in my second week of low carb try a stay under 20g of carbs I don't have cravings or feel deprived and believe me I was a carbolic and snack ahold...I had sooo many snack attacks I loved all things cake like......I thought I ate healthy by choosing now I know the healthy carbs but still wwayyyyyy too many carbs healthy choice or not....I feel so happy and proud of ,yield and now that I know ur story I feel the same for you. Hopefully we have finally found what works for us and what will work to help us lose and change behavior and lifestyle for life. This was very touching it really hit close to home. Thx for being brave and couragous and sharing ur story!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad you were touched by it. Aww! I was feeling defeated for a long time, like I couldn't stick to limiting my calories because of all the cravings I would have. Now that those are gone and I have adjusted to this WOE, I feel like I have already overcome the biggest hurdle. My attitude about food is changed, and I was a huhe emotional eater! But now I am finding different ways to deal with my feelings and eat to feel satisfied not stuffed and almost puking!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Good work. It needs to be a way of life for carboholics.
  • rmath76
    rmath76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go ! I'm on day 18 of trying to Keto adapt, I'm am pleased mostly with the clarity of thought ( I'm kinda a spacy person ) and the feeling of contentment , I rarely crave anything! Keep it up, I look forward to more progress pics!
  • kmdigan
    kmdigan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! I've been doing it for almost two weeks and down about 9 lbs. Approximately same starting weight as you and I'm doing about 1860 calories.

When you say you'll adjust to a 20% deficit, what do you mean and how do you do that? Thank you for your help and congrats on your hard work!
  • hippygirl325
    Options
    kmdigan wrote: »
    Wow great job! I've been doing it for almost two weeks and down about 9 lbs. Approximately same starting weight as you and I'm doing about 1860 calories.

When you say you'll adjust to a 20% deficit, what do you mean and how do you do that? Thank you for your help and congrats on your hard work!

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ is what I used to figure it out.
  • lucy7294
    Options
    Keep it up! you are doing great!