Slow!!!

Options
jlclabo
jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
kinda getting a bit slow around here lately. whats everyone up to with meet, training, bulking, cutting, etc..... goals for 2015?!?

Replies

• zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking in on us jlclabo :smile:

My main PL goal for 2015 is to have an offseason LOL. The first 14 months of training was non-stop meet prep; this is my third week of offseason work.

As for meets, I'm eyeing a July one at my home gym, USPA Nationals in Vegas, or the Boss of Bosses meet at Dan Green's place in August.

Cutting down a weight class is also on the list, but I'm taking the entire year to do it. Short term I've got to get within 5-8 lbs of my current class (I'm 12-15 lbs away from 148).

What about you?
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yes, this group does seem a bit quiet!

I'm trying to recover from an injured shoulder ATM. Taking this time to hit upper Bodybuilding style... Going well, Am told I'm "more muscular" than I've ever been... Must be doing something right!

Staying in the 93KG\205Lbs class.. Aiming to beat my last total 615KG\1355Lb's in my next meet (May)

I WILL get my 250KG\551Lbs Squat this year, AND my 300KG\661Lbs Deadlift.. All in the same weight class.

Weight boringly sits Between 90.2KG\198Lbs and 92KG\202Lbs.. No matter what!!
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    still working with my StrongLifts program. Looking to build a Power Rack, for my home gym,
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    still doing 5/3/1....
  • jlclabo
    Options
    zorahgail wrote: »
    Thanks for checking in on us jlclabo :smile:

My main PL goal for 2015 is to have an offseason LOL. The first 14 months of training was non-stop meet prep; this is my third week of offseason work.

As for meets, I'm eyeing a July one at my home gym, USPA Nationals in Vegas, or the Boss of Bosses meet at Dan Green's place in August.

Cutting down a weight class is also on the list, but I'm taking the entire year to do it. Short term I've got to get within 5-8 lbs of my current class (I'm 12-15 lbs away from 148).

What about you?

i guess i could have put that in here, lol.....
    took the past 3 weeks to deload and take a break from the heavy stuff. slowly ramping the weight back up this week and next. meet prep starts first week of Feb. slowly cutting to get to the 275 class, but not worried about that for my March meet. ill still be in the 308 class for it, in the low 290s though. goal for this march meet is 1st or 2nd in my class, shouldnt be a problem, and qualify for GPC World Championships in September in Las Vegas. thats where the 275 class comes in. the WR in Masters40-44 275 is 1716, and im in the low/mid 1600s now, so i have a legitimate shot at that record if everything goes right. also, my business partner and i are working on opening our own gym. so between work, training, meets, and trying to open a gym my year is pretty stacked. gonna be hectic, but worth it in the long run.

• zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    CarlKRobbo - Boo for your injury! Glad to hear you're still working around it. Nothing wrong w/ bodybuilding style either, I've got one of those days each week hehe.

scooterjay and Corvus - Thanks for the update.

jlclabo - Three of my coaches/teammates are looking to qualify for GPC Worlds. I was going to also until I found out where SPF's meets are (I'm west coast). Go get that record! That'll be awesome.

I'm on day 2 of keto. So far so good.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    zora, there are spf meets in cali.... if im not mistaken, Mark Bell might even host them. i know they have had some at Super Training Gym in the past year. Womens Pro/Am at Super training and also Back Yard Meet of the Century is held there. keep an eye open for them to be added to the line up for the year.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Currently cutting. I love it on training days. Hate it on rest days. LOL. Sitting out the February meet because I mentally need a break - I don't feel like I could give it 100% and I'm not going in to put up half-*kitten* numbers when I know I can do better.

There's one in June I'll probably do, and then I'm hoping to be in the 72kg class by the end of the summer.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Enjoying life in maintenance, and a week out from my first meet of the year. Training has been fantastic, feeling like I'm going to hit platform personal bests on all three lifts.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    KCoolBeanz wrote: »
    Currently cutting. I love it on training days. Hate it on rest days. LOL. Sitting out the February meet because I mentally need a break - I don't feel like I could give it 100% and I'm not going in to put up half-*kitten* numbers when I know I can do better.

There's one in June I'll probably do, and then I'm hoping to be in the 72kg class by the end of the summer.
    good luck on the 72kg class!!! i know the feeling of needing a mental break.. it gets overwhelming at times.

Enjoying life in maintenance, and a week out from my first meet of the year. Training has been fantastic, feeling like I'm going to hit platform personal bests on all three lifts.
    AWESOME!!! kill it!! best of luck!!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    jlclabo wrote: »

good luck on the 72kg class!!! i know the feeling of needing a mental break.. it gets overwhelming at times.

jlclabo wrote: »

Thanks! In the lucky position where if I make weight for 82.5kg, all the submaster national and world records are mine. If I miss and compete at 90kg, all the world records are within reach - squat and bench on fourths, and I'm opening my dead above the current one with the open dead record within reach on a fourth as well.

Krista - looking forward to our rematch in August!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love reading what everyone is up to.

I'm getting ready for my first USAPL meet in April. Hoping for a state dead lift record in the 84k class. If I don't completely eff up somehow I'll qualify for raw nationals which is super close to me this year, and should be pretty awesome. Then I'm going to do an RPS meet in December because they are super fun, and have the best trophies.

Last Saturday I slipped on the stairs and hit my tailbone. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as many peoples (one mfp friend hurt her's 6 months ago and is still having problems), but it's still hurting a bit here or there. I just started a 2nd (different) degree program in January while working full time, and still training (when I'm not hurting myself).

Since I'm so busy with life I don't have a lot of concrete lifting goals. I have some eating/nutrition/weight goals. For my last meet I cut from 198-181. I made the mistake of using Lyle McDonalds RFLD when I was going to be 4-5 lbs high. It worked pretty well, but then for the few months after my meet my brain was a little disappointed with me trying to starve it and I gained back everything I lost for the meet. Then holidays and blah blah blah. So now I'm back at the beginning. Thankfully with a different LBM/fat ratio though. So now I will cut to the 84kg/82kg class and stay there, and maybe even go to the 72kg class.