CrossFit Open 2015

Options
Inkratlet
Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Who's in?

I'm registered :D and looking forward to it even though there's some stuff I won't be able to do. Interested in how the scaled category is going to work.

Replies

• HollieDollieeeex
    HollieDollieeeex Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm entered too!
    I'm excited, scared, everything ahhhhh
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just registered this morning .. nervous!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I guess I miss the point on some of crossfit. At this point, I’m not going to be a top competitor, so I’d rather use my $20 toward a new pair of shoes. As a side note, I’m also not one to bother writing my results on the white board (if it matters, like max lifts, I write it in my private journal). I’m only competing against myself.
  • Inkratlet
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's not so much about competition or winning for me, but it's an opportunity to have my movements judged in a safe setting, the atmosphere is amazing, and you work much harder than you usually would.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    In our box if you don't write your score, you get extra burpees ;-)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’d probably do the burpees.
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    Bah humbug ;)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I did it last year, made it halfway, before I had to crap out because the weights were too high. This year? It's on!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try again, either RX or scaled depending on the workouts.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Registered for it yesterday! I'm also interested to see how they are going to work in the scaled division...
  • Jelymu81
    Jelymu81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im registered too! I began CF last year around the time by box was doing the Open. I was super intimidated but am really excited now! I'll probably time out on anything with T2B or C2B pull-ups, but oh well.
  • kwoww9797
    kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing CF since June 2014. I registered, but am a little nervous. I'm doing it to prove to myself that I can do it and I like the feel of competition; I always push myself harder. And having something to work towards makes me train harder. Super Excited!
  • thoseAmericanthighs
    Options
    ok fine.... I signed up. This will be the 5th Open I have participated in. We'll see how this goes.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^You will destroy it and leave it weeping in your wake.
  • xfit229
    xfit229 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in also.. this is my third open. And my 2nd yr doing the master divisiong. I'm def. Looking forward to see what Castro has in store for us..

• bostonwolf
    Options
    Haven't signed up yet but I will. I had a lot of fun with it last year even with my limitations. Will probably aim at scaled, but not sure yet.
  • megia3
    megia3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm registered too! Since I've just started, I'm interested in seeing how much I improve over time. I'll definitely be aiming for the scaled option.
  • StephaniePaige1020
    StephaniePaige1020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up too, but relatively new (November) so I'm not real sure what to expect! I can lift the RX amt usually, but I can't do a lot of skills yet like HSPU or T2B or KTE, pull-ups, etc…we shall see what happens!!
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^ that is usually what limits you in the open. The first workout last year was DUs and cleans I believe. Even though I can only do one DU at a time I went ahead and did it. The later ones include the advanced movements but usually not first, so you can almost always put up some kind of score that isn't zero.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I guess I miss the point on some of crossfit. At this point, I’m not going to be a top competitor, so I’d rather use my $20 toward a new pair of shoes.
    This.

I didn't sign up last year but we ended up doing all the WODs at my gym anyway. I won't sign up this year but I anticipate that we'll do all the WODs at my gym again this year.

I keep track of everything on myWOD so I can see how far I have come and how much better I am getting at everything. I don't give a crap how I measure up with anyone else at my gym, much less the region/city/state/country/world so CFHQ can take my money some other kind of way.

There are only a few things about CF that I dislike but they way they try to pressure people of all skill levels to compete in something that is really only for the most elite of the elite is my chief gripe. It would be like MLB saying that the chance to go to the World Series is open to your beer league softball team as long as you "qualify," something which would never happen in a million years.

The Open is a blatant cash grab and I would actually respect CFHQ a lot more if they were just upfront about it.