What is your plan?

Options
Your calorie limit? Your workout of choice? Weight loss goal per week? How many pounds left to lose overall? :)

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Because I'm doing 5:2 my calorie limits are 500cals two days a week and 1800 the other 5 days. My workouts are 50 min video or 'playing' on the Wii Fit Plus. Weight loss per week anything downwards. Overall I have about 24lbs left to go. So far I've lost 44 from my highest.
  • Ell2639
    Ell2639 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sedentary with a desk job that keeps me inactive for 11-12 hours a day, so I'm trying to eat 1000 a day, keeping it no more than 1200 even when I have a luncheon or dinner to attend. Watching nutrition more than I did on a higher calorie diet, for sure! Treadmill & Wii. One pund a week will keep me motivated but I remind myself that anything less than last week is a good thing! I need to lose 40, but could lose up to 55 without getting close to inappropriate.
  • trailsrock
    trailsrock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Calorie limit 1200, doing a C25K (couch to 5k) program with a local group. Goal 1.5 lb/wk. 3 down, 25 to go!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Your calorie limit? 1870

Your workout of choice? Right now I am starting very slow as my back is out of whack... I have chosen some gentle back strenthening moves to do daily and will be doing a beginners stretching routine.

Weight loss goal per week? 1/2 lb at least

How many pounds left to lose overall? whew.. I don't like to look at the over all as it is alot, so I'll give you the short term goal for now.. it's 17lbs.
  • catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same plan as snaps27, the 5:2. I'm still breastfeeding though so my limits are a bit higher. I'm aiming for under 700 on fast days, and 2000 on normal days (target = 11,400 per week). It's been 2 weeks now.
    My workout options are pretty limited as no childcare around, so I'm aiming to walk the 2.6km school "run" 3 times a week.
    Goal per week, hopefully about 1lb.
    I'm aiming to loose about 24lbs, but I'll be thrilled if I can get down 15 by summer.
  • P0PTART
    P0PTART Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job that also keeps me inactive for 12 hours. I'm trying to keep my calories down to 1400 & my fat under 50. I've found that if I keep my fat down I lose faster than when I focus on calories. However, it's really hard since I love food & it's my vice. I've started walking at lunch & got the Vivofit set to automatically adjust my daily step goal so I don't get overwhelmed & discouraged. My per week goal is 1 lb & my pounds left to lose is around 40. I have a daughter that's 24 & now I have a 3 yr old boy. I was able to control my weight while pregnant but after he was born, I loaded on the weight like crazy. I started at 195 (got as high as 199 during the summer) at Christmas & I'm trying to get down to 150. I know my perfect weight is 135 but I'm going to take this a step at a time.
  • safinarayar
    safinarayar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you guys explain the 5:2 ratio to me? I've never heard of this. Are your lower calorie days really hard to get through?
  • snaps27
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Can you guys explain the 5:2 ratio to me? I've never heard of this. Are your lower calorie days really hard to get through?

Sure. 5:2 or intermitted fasting is when you choose 2 days out of your week (any days) and stick to 500 calories for that day. On the other 5 days you eat your maintenance calories plus any exercise calories. The funny thing for me is that the fast days are really quite easy, it's the other days you have to try and not eat the house down. The way get through the fast days is to try and not eat anything (except tea or coffee) until dinner and then 'spend' my 500 calories on my dinner. Again, its also easier on fast day because you can say to yourself, "I can have it tomorrow". And there really isn't may restrictions. Lots more information on this thread if your interested plus the documentary that got me started.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Your calorie limit? 1200 but if I do go over a little I'm not too worried because I'm nursing.
    Your workout of choice? Right now I can't afford a gym/babysitter so I'm working out at home. I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd and also Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenge - which is on YouTube. And walks at the park with my 10 month old.
    - Weight loss goal per week? I have just started to count calories and have lost 11lbs in 20 days!! But I am shooting for 1-2lb loss per week.
    - How many pounds left to lose overall? I gained 62lbs while pregnant!! - lost all of it
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It cut off the end of my post...
    I lost all of the pregnancy weight plus 11lbs. I'm 8 lbs from my goal weight and then I would like to tone!!
  • erowell3192
    erowell3192 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been a fitness pal member for a few years, but I've never been active amongst groups and with other users. I started my weight loss journey at 210 with a 30 lbs goal. I met that and then plateaued. I have maintained the last year plus, but I'm ready to jump back on this. I also have a very sedentary job. I'm cutting calories to 1200 a day plus adding at least 30 minutes to an hour of cardio daily. I lost all my baby weight after I had my son, BUT I had an active on my feet job. When I started back to work at a new job after I had my son I as dispatching ambulance transportation. We werent even allowed lunch breaks, so most of the time I would eat breakfast & lunch sitting in front of my computer (BIG MISTAKE). So I gained it all back! If my story sound familiar, or if you need a new encouraging friend add me!!
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am determined that this year I am going to finally lose the baby weight. I had 3 babies in 5 years and it took a toll on my body. Then we moved to a new state and that combined with selling a house and hubbys long hours have helped me to gain more then I should be carrying.

I have been sticking to 1200 calories a day (give or take) and back to running 3x a week. So far it has helped me shed about 7 pounds in 3 weeks. My thing is that i am going to have to stick to it so I can keep the results
  • safinarayar
    safinarayar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »

Sure. 5:2 or intermitted fasting is when you choose 2 days out of your week (any days) and stick to 500 calories for that day. On the other 5 days you eat your maintenance calories plus any exercise calories. The funny thing for me is that the fast days are really quite easy, it's the other days you have to try and not eat the house down. The way get through the fast days is to try and not eat anything (except tea or coffee) until dinner and then 'spend' my 500 calories on my dinner. Again, its also easier on fast day because you can say to yourself, "I can have it tomorrow". And there really isn't may restrictions. Lots more information on this thread if your interested plus the documentary that got me started.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

Thank you!
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Your calorie limit? 2100 right now, I'm doing TDEE if that makes a difference.

Your workout of choice? Running, I'm doing a 30 week Marathon training program.

Weight loss goal per week? 1/2-1 lb

How many pounds left to lose overall? 30ish down, 50 or so to go. (We moved the beginning of Jan. And I haven't unpacked the scale yet, not sure which box it's hiding in).
  • thelolliemonster
    thelolliemonster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am sticking to 1600 calories a day. I am trying to exercise 5 days a week with T25 but I am not letting myself eat the calories from it. As a breastfeeding mom I am hoping that will give enough flex in my diet to allow for French fries or ice cream every here and there (I am one who has to cheat a bit to stay on!). With all that said I am losing close to a pound a week.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Eating 1200 calories a day give or take. On my second jillian program (30 day shred). Objective to do 5-6 days a week.
    I have roughly 14 lbs left to go till goal, but that can change. I just want to feel awesome naked or ina. Bikini :smile:
    Was roughing 1 lb a week until my monthly flow... Boom same day up 2 lbs and up another the next day. Waiting to see if it jumps bck down just as fast (no dramatic change in the status quo of everything else ....)
  • kj_pisces21
    Options
    Your calorie limit? Your workout of choice? Weight loss goal per week? How many pounds left to lose overall? :)

Calorie limit is 1470. I like the cardio part of my workout looking to gain more cardio. WLG/wk is 2 lbs. I just started a few days ago. I have a problem with starving myself due to busy days. But changing that now. I have seen that i lost one pound so 1 more pound to go (44 times).. i also seen some on the 5:2 diet. Is that for anyone and how can you manage that when your diary is set at a certain amount for the day??
  • gwynne79
    gwynne79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

My workouts are 50 min video or 'playing' on the Wii Fit Plus.
    i am thinking about getting a wii, do you like it?

• gwynne79
    gwynne79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit is 1900, high because i am nursing. I lost a lot of weight quickly, but am now losing about a pound a week. I really want to lose 30 more pounds. That would make me 170. I am not good at maintaining a regular workout, i get board, and lazy. So i am always trying a different one. I love to walk though, so i am trying to get back to walking daily, weather permitting. My goal is to be able to walk 8 miles a day, right now i am at two.
  • snaps27
    Options
    gwynne79 wrote: »
    My workouts are 50 min video or 'playing' on the Wii Fit Plus.
    i am thinking about getting a wii, do you like it?

I love the wii fit...I wish I could get on it more often (everyday). I can set weight loss goals because it weighs you each time you get on there. And it's fun and you can burn cals. Probably not as intense as some workouts, but I think as long as your moving it will benefit.