Changing Daily Nutritional Goals

tlspindor
tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
I just found that you can change you Daily Nutritional Goals. On the top bar go to MY Home then on Goals, and there you are.

You can change your Sodium allotment. I changed mine from what they where showing 2,300mg to 2,000mg and I am trying to adjust my Proteins and Fat percentages to where it is closer to being in the middle range of what NM is showing on my home page.

I'm using the nutritional values that you get from NM through the Health Reflection Report. I just adjusted my Potassium, according to NM it is to be 4.7g per the RDA/AI/Daily value and MFP had it set to 3.5g. They had my Fiber set at 21g and NM says that I need 11g per the RDA/AI/Daily value, NM said that I should have 8.7g of Saturated Fats and I tried to change it to that but it would not let me place that number so I ended up putting 9 g. The cholesterol setting agrees with NM setting and the Carbohydrates range setting is set right in the middle.

I just wish they had more nutritional (vitamins, nutrients such as Niacin, Magnesium and the rest of the list) information available.

MuyGaupo was right we were spoiled big time. I want my NM BACK!!!! :s:'(

But I guess this will have to do for now. :\

Replies

• sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    At least we have our Health Reflection Reports to refer to. Thanks for the tip on doing our own adjusting here. I agree, we were spoiled!!
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Thanks for the info Tammy! I changed my sodium and will see what else NM had for me. I got my items and it didn't make me sad, just made me more resolved to make Jim/Pam proud of what I have learned at NM :) Love all these helpful hints!

• stillwaters726
    stillwaters726 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for the info. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this site and set things up.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    I have gotten logged all I have eaten so far today. Unfortunately, when I don't feel good, I don't necessarily eat well but am putting it in. This site will be easier if I start writing things in grams - never did that in NM but it didn't matter. I'll have to go back through some of the posts to see how I can check on some of the things we just had at our fingertips at NM. But otherwise, so far so good.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Glad to see you all found this helpful. :D
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    I figured out how to see my calcium, iron, etc. today along with a couple of other things so feeling a little more comfortable. I'll refer back to here when I'm ready to change the settings. It will be helpful.