It's getting cold in the Buckeye State!

Options
lsgibbs83
lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
With the time change and the dreaded snow heading our way, how do you plan to stay on track with exercising indoors without getting bored?

I do have access to cardio equipment at the Hospital where I work after patient hours. That said, by the time I leave my office it is already starting to get dark and the temptation to just get in the car and go home is strong!

How will you stay motivated?

Replies

• pbright2880
    pbright2880 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill and free weights... and love to pinterest workout with both. I also take the occasional Zumba or dance class to help with the boredom.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm a personal trainer and beachbody coach and will be starting a free workout fit club in my community starting in January once it clears with the city manager. Hopefully it will not only keep me motivated, but also inspire and get others off their butt and moving!
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    By taking advantage of the snow and cold itself! Snowboarding, ice skating outdoors, cross country skiing. All those activities to look forward to on the weekends keeps me going in the gym. Don't be afraid to bundle up and move. Even got myself some Yaktrax so there's no excuse to not run outside even in the ice and snow.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    mrslcoop wrote: »
    By taking advantage of the snow and cold itself! Snowboarding, ice skating outdoors, cross country skiing. All those activities to look forward to on the weekends keeps me going in the gym. Don't be afraid to bundle up and move. Even got myself some Yaktrax so there's no excuse to not run outside even in the ice and snow.

Ooooo! Never thought of the Yaktrax. I had gotten my daughter some when she was at Kent State. I'll have to dig those out. Thanks!