Pre 30 day shred workouts?

Options
Are you doing any certain workouts or videos to prepare for the 30 day shred? I am thinking of doing this video for the next 10 days to prepare me!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEdJRRndkQ

Replies

• lexiluger
    lexiluger Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks! How will this work? Haven't done much on this so far.. Are we all doing our own thing? I know it's a group but what does that entail? Lookin forward to this
  • monmonxiaolin
    Options
    I haven't done anything but running. I'll try your video today. Seems interesting.

Thanks for sharing though.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. Great DVD. Ive done 30DS before and its a really good way to familiarize yourself with the moves you will be doing in 30DS.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the shred level 1 for the last 5 days. Right now I have to keep taking breaks and can't do so many reps for lunges, jumping ropes, modified push-ups, etc; I'm hoping that I'll gain enough strength by 1st so that I can do the shred without taking breaks.
  • namaste1987
    namaste1987 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What weight is everyone thinking of doing? I usually can't do anything higher than 3's and even then, I have to put them down and go no weights for shoulder raises/side lunges around day 3! I have tried to complete the 30 days so many times and usually can never make it passed day 7. Have never ever made it to 2nd level!
  • KindaSortaKaty
    KindaSortaKaty Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am starting out with 3 pounds and working up to 5s i hope!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've also been doing level 1 already. I figure towards the end of the month I'll either do the 1 Week Shred (if I have time for 2x 30 min workouts a day) or move into level 1 of Ripped in 30.

I've got 3, 5, 8, and 10 lb weights. I change it up depending on the move, although the 10s only get used for deadlifts right now. I figure better to keep going with a lower weight, and keep good form, than start and stop with a higher weight and maybe do some damage taking a shortcut.

Those pushups... those are my real nemesis. I can't believe I used to be able to bang out 40 full pushups, now I struggle to do 5 on my knees.
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been doing level 1 for the past two weeks, but can only manage 2-3 times per week!! It is HARD, even though it's short. And I was doing it without shoes (on carpet), but now have painful shin splints on my left lower leg & am icing right now, stretching & resting my leg. My fault
  • ashaver_21
    Options
    I've been doing the 90 day revolution, its a nice slow start. Ive noticed a lot of the moves are also in 30DS. I figured meaning I am an over achieving mental case that I would do both... :#

As for weights I only have 3's so I need to go buy more.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Pre-shred workouts. I'm doing 30 mins static bike on level 2-3 intensity at 14-15 mph with Wii Fit 30-45 mins advanced/super advanced aerobic exercises. I'm also lifting 5lb strength exercises & resistance band training.
  • THachAb
    THachAb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Curling once a week (not sure it really counts, but at least it's movement!). Walking. I haven't been doing anything for strength training for several years (except for a 6-week stint of boot camp last fall) and unfortunately it shows!