Day 20

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
I can't believe we are down to the last 10 days!!

Replies

• Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 3-4 days depending on what we end up doing (my best friend is comping in town and we have an all inclusive luxury hotel wine and food weekend planned) Thursday night. I wasn't perfect, I slipped on wine and ice cream. I don't even LIKE ice cream usually but wow did I have some cravings. I weighted myself today and am happy with the loss so far. I hope to hop back on board after this weekend and keep losing weight and learning to eat better.

I won't lie, I can't wait to indulge in things I've been wanting for days to eat and I half hope they don't taste good and I don't feel good. Sort of.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm down to 3-4 days depending on what we end up doing (my best friend is comping in town and we have an all inclusive luxury hotel wine and food weekend planned) Thursday night. I wasn't perfect, I slipped on wine and ice cream. I don't even LIKE ice cream usually but wow did I have some cravings. I weighted myself today and am happy with the loss so far. I hope to hop back on board after this weekend and keep losing weight and learning to eat better.

I won't lie, I can't wait to indulge in things I've been wanting for days to eat and I half hope they don't taste good and I don't feel good. Sort of.

I hear ya! I have been doing pretty decent with cravings, but now I am really looking forward to a cheat meal! I am not Whole 30, but eliminating dairy is the roughest for me and then my junk food (fries and chips). I am looking forward to a cheat meal on the 31st! I also hope that by then I really won't need one and will just stay on track.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Day 20: I blew it with some mini m&m's. I gobbled them down like a starving person. I normally do not eat m&m's & they have been up front in the school pantry for months & I've never had an urge to eat them but today I ripped open that bag & grabbed a handful & ate them. I am blaming hormones! I'm suppose to be in menopause but TOM showed up 4 days ago! WTH? Maybe clean eating is trying to regulate my hormone mess I have been in all my life!
    I am looking forward to some chips, dip & a beer on Super Bowl but I do plan to do this for another 30 days!
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to baking some paleo foods, something besides eggs, pork, meat and chicken, besides sauted kale, spinach and cabbage. I have a ton of paleo friendly meals pinned and I'm looking forward to some fruit and berries. I'm totally off kimchi and beef broth so I also plan on adding some kind of yogurt (need to do my research) and trying kefir for the first time. Also, I am so over pork rinds and beef jerky. Lol, thank goodness I still like tea.

Whew, ok, done complaining. Pulled pork in cabbage rolls for lunch, chicken and veg soup rest of the day.

And I stood in front of all the high dollar chocolates at the store yesterday but couldn't decide before my son pulled me away. I feel you on the m&m.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Way to stay strong Emily!
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :smile: thanks. I still love almond butter too. The first recipe I'm trying on Feb. 1 is that coconut cinnamon cereal recipe posted on the paleo/primal group.

http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/recipes/breakfast/paleo-cereal/
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    where do ya all get "sugar" free Ketchup? Mines has some sugar it & I did use some on my Romaine wrapped hamburger tonite. I must say I was more in control today!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    For the teaspoon of ketchup I use I use organic and don't count it as bad. I use little to none even when I think I will.