Need help, just got Charge HR today

Options
Hi All, I just have a question for anyone that has a charge Hr. I just got mine and I am very confused. Sorry if its come up before, I did reading and it just seemed to confuse me more. It says to log food/exercise in MFP. Ok so this morning BEFORE I received my device I did a workout and logged it in MFP. It did sync onto my fitbit dashboard/calories/etc. Later on in the day I wanted to do another workout so I pressed the button on the side to start tracking it and my HR etc. Welll it did not send to MFP so I logged it and now on fitbit I see the one I logged from MFP PLUS the original from fitbit. How do you get it to just show one? Should I delete the one I used the fitbit to track? I really only did that so I could see how many calories I burned. I'm very confused. Plus I have not had a fitbit calorie adjustment show up yet today and I was wondering when I might see that (is there a certain amount of calories I need to hit vs. my goal on mfp for the day when it might show up?)
Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I feel stupid!!!

Replies

• tori_2015
    Options
    so maybe I just don't use this feature to log it but how will I know how many calories I burn if I do a fitness workout - I would use MFP's estimate??? just looking for more of an accuracy based on fit bit.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there is a lag between when you work out and when it uploads to MFP. I do not have the HR style but what I do is just set my settings to sedentary and let the FitBit do all the adjusting for me. It won't show in your news feed "did 60 minutes walking" etc but it will adjust for the extra activity.
  • tori_2015
    Options
    ok I will give it more time I actually deleted the one I logged and inputted into MFP what I did and the calorie amount that fit bit gave me. I guess if I have to do it that way I will but it just seems so tedious!!! THanks for your input appreciate itv
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The sync has been misbehaving for the past few hours.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Exercise from Fitbit does NOT come over to MFP.

The only thing that comes over to MFP is the stat of step count, and daily calorie burn - up to that point of the sync.

If the daily calorie burn has exercise in it or not - MFP would never know.

So that calorie adjustment is NOT your exercise, despite where it appears. It is put there so MFP handles the math correctly.
    It's merely the difference though between more accurate Fitbit daily burn, and the estimate MFP had with no exercise included.

You pushing the button for an activity merely tracks the chunk of time for the workout.
    Otherwise you've have nothing to look at weeks later except the total daily data - wondering what your workout was for distance, calories, steps, ect.
    That function lets you view it seperately.

But if you log a manual workout for that time, it will replace the calorie burn for it and the daily time.

So if step based, don't log.
    If not step based, do manually log. Fitbit database actually has a few more options to select from on several exercises. Swimming should be obvious to log, as is biking, rowing, lifting, elliptical, ect.