emotional support

Rosy1049
Rosy1049 Posts: 9 Member
Hi Im trying the blogging for the first time to see if it is a way of getting the kind of support I have lacked in the past. Determination to stick it out for the long haul has always been my problem. I have started a 1000 cal diet of my own , a yoga program once a week and will be doing weight training with my husband 2 or 3 times a week . My doctor says the mediterrranean diet is the best. Anyone tried this? I have lost 5 lbs since New Years so only 45 to go. Help!

Replies

• sreilley1
    sreilley1 Posts: 3 Member
    I am shooting for 35 myself. Trying to stay motivated as well.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Hi Rosy! I've heard that a Mediterranean diet is very healthy as well. Me - I say go with whatever works for YOU (exercise, diet) as long as it's something you can be happy with for a while. You'll find that this group has as many food plans as there are members, but all that really counts is that we're all working at reaching our goals.

Have fun with it & WTG on your five pound loss!
    -marilyn (ker)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think it is a wonderful diet whatever you call it. Nice lean protein. Vitamin filled fruits and veggies, healthy fats like olive oil, a balance of grains and dairy plus a little wine! (I always like the wine part!) I'm sure a lot of people from this group do just that, but just don't give it a name. Certainly sounds like it is working for you. Still no matter what, you have to have a calorie deficit, stay as active as you can, and stick with it. Sounds like that is your plan, too. The mediterranean diet though should be easy to stick with -- all that deliciousness! As for support and motivation, that's what we are all here for!
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    psssst... free book on Amazon for Kindle today. Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: Mediterranean Diet Cooking Classics; Revealed! 65 Delicious Mediterranean Diet Recipes Sure To Delight and Amaze All While ... Diet Cooking) (Cookbooks of the Week). These don't last long, so if you see this and want it (no Kindle needed, read on your phone, tablet or PC) grab it :)
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 632 Member
    A good and sustainable plan will work for you ..... good luck!

Jean
  • Rosy1049
    Thanks for the tip about the kindle , going for it right now. Yoga is good but its hard to breathe while bending over a big ball (tummy) I am trying to get more active so joined a seniors club that has alot of activities including the yoga and weight training and its nice to see friendly faces while getting out of the house . I recommend it.
  • Rosy1049
    I downloaded 2 free mediteranean diet cookbooks today , it seems good, will try to increase fish meals, went shopping today and chose the wrong lunch so must do better tomorrow. Having guests for dinner sunday with fussy people Will do more walking on treadmill and look up pasta dish for them. wish me luck
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Good luck! Sounds like you are invested and therefore can't help having luck!