Daily Workout

Options
JLWright73
JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
Day 1 - Legs and Cardio done! Looks easy on paper but I was toast when I was done! Actually took me 34 minutes to get through it because I had to take longer breaks between circuits. My heart was racing. My HRM says I burned 348 calories in 34 minutes. I'm happy with that!

Replies

• kwann1
    kwann1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Day 2 - 4.5k run and 10 mins of walking... my legs felt numb from the beginning because of yesterday's workout. I am happy tomorrow is arms/abs because I'm not sure I will be able to move anything else!! Feels great though and I'm sticking to my clean eating... certainly helps to see everyone else motivated :)
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 3: arms and abs and clean eating... Already starting to feel better with healthy eating and weight loss; amazing how much your body changes in such short periods of time
  • kwann1
    Options
    Day 4 LISS... it's -27 celsius (-13F) where I live right now so going outside for a run/walk is out of the question for me. Is Yoga considered LISS?? I'm thinking I might try a video on YouTube.
  • JLWright73
    Options
    I did my Arms and Abs workout yesterday and walked on the treadmill for an hour, so got my workout and liss done in one day. I think I will try and get on the treadmill again today if I have time. Not doing so great with the clean eating. I have been good about choosing whole grains over white when eating bread or pasta, but I just cannot get away from my coffee creamer! I need to find a way to make my coffee taste good without the added flavored creamers.
  • kwann1
    Options
    Have you seen the site 100daysofrealfood.com? There is an article on making your own clean coffee creamers!
  • JLWright73
    Options
    kwann1 wrote: »
    Have you seen the site 100daysofrealfood.com? There is an article on making your own clean coffee creamers!

You are a lifesaver! I had never heard of that site. It is awesome! Thank you so much. I looked at their recipes and it looks like there is a ton on there I could actually get my family to eat with me. LOL! And I can't wait to replace my creamer. Thanks again.
  • kwann1
    Options
    JLWright73 wrote: »

You are a lifesaver! I had never heard of that site. It is awesome! Thank you so much. I looked at their recipes and it looks like there is a ton on there I could actually get my family to eat with me. LOL! And I can't wait to replace my creamer. Thanks again.

No problem :) It's my go-to for clean eating meals... my family loves the chicken enchiladas!
  • Rachella_m
    Rachella_m Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok so i did my arms and abs workout yesterday which was a relief because my legs were still really sore from monday, I can't wait for the doms to end! I'm going to use the treadmill tonight for the liss.
  • kwann1
    Options
    Went to Hot Yoga tonight, my muscles felt great afterwards... just what I needed this week :)
  • kwann1
    Options
    Day 5 Complete! Felt so much better than day 1 and 3.... if you're contemplating today, just start and do it for at least 5 minutes!! You got this!!
  • LeighGP
    Options
    Day 5 Complete! Felt so much better than day 1 and 3.... if you're contemplating today, just start and do it for at least 5 minutes!! You got this!!

Thanks! I was needing this. Going to start now!
  • JLWright73
    Options
    Day 5 done! I am really loving these workouts. I usually do dvd programs and am surprised how much I am enjoying the paper program. Do you think it is possible to be feeling stronger already, or is it my imagination?
  • kwann1
    Options
    Day 6 done! Did 4.5k run for my LISS... it was chilly (-10C, 14F) but well worth it for how I feel now :)
  • tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    JLWright73 wrote: »
    Day 5 done! I am really loving these workouts. I usually do dvd programs and am surprised how much I am enjoying the paper program. Do you think it is possible to be feeling stronger already, or is it my imagination?

I've been thinking the same thing! It's actually easier for me to stay focused and I can see my timer, go at my pace, play my own music, know what's coming next, and not have to listen to a tacky voice over ahah. My mom was all confused why I'd buy a program that didn't have DVDs and so was I but I totally love it!
  • missamy4
    missamy4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my. I just finished today's legs workout. I had so much fun with it, and watched South Park to distract my mind from thinking about pain. This was the first time I've ever done jump lunge. My knees are my major week spot but I was pretty proud of how well they handled it.

Excited to relax with LISS tomorrow! Cause today was quite hard!
  • missamy4
    Options
    How is everyone else doing the workouts?
    I'm usually in my living room and so I haven't been wearing shoes while I do the workouts. Today I started to feel some slight pain in my joints as I did the circuts, especially in my knees and ankles.
    Does you guys wear light shoes, running shoes, or any sort of braces for the workouts?
  • mrshokim
    mrshokim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    missamy4 wrote: »
    I'm usually in my living room and so I haven't been wearing shoes while I do the workouts. Today I started to feel some slight pain in my joints as I did the circuts, especially in my knees and ankles.
    Does you guys wear light shoes, running shoes, or any sort of braces for the workouts?

I wear my regular running shoes when I do the workouts. Sometimes, I do notice slight pain in my knees during the squats but I try adjusting my form and it seems to help.
  • tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    missamy4 wrote: »

I do mine in the living room and wear tennis shoes. I also use a yoga mat during arm days cause my carpet can be slippery/ give my arms rug burn.
    Make sure that your knees ares going past your toes! I use a couch for the step ups and such and noticed that my left knee was starting to hurt. I realized I wasn't stepping far enough onto the couch which was making my knees pass my toes. After I corrected it everything felt fine the next round :)

• missamy4
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the tips! I'll make sure to watch my knees more closely going forward.