Super Cheap LCHF?

Options
2»

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »
    HAHA let me know when you are coming so I can put the dog up!

The Mu Shu Pork I do is from Dana Carpender's 500 Recipe Low Carb cookbook

No worries about the dog...my WillaMonster would enjoy the playtime. ;-)

Mu Shu Pork and Dana Carpender? Sheesh...I've had that book for years. Guess it's time to sit down with it again and start planning. Thank you for posting it though and it's good to have an endorsement before I get the stuff to make it!

• VRay99
    VRay99 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    edurham79 wrote: »
    I found this post through a link you supplied on on of my other questions, so thanks a ton! Before I started LCHF dieting I did monthly meal planning through a website. I have to travel an hour to Walmart, but do it once every two weeks because our local store is crazy expensive and very low on selection. Anyway, when I did the meal planning on a budget before I was able to buy 24 meals (a month for us cause I only cook one meal a day and we have 'leftover' days) for our family of 5 and it only cost me $168. That is at least a third of what I used to spend just winging it. When I started LCHF I searched for the same sort of meal planning services there was nothing available. There were a few low carb plans but thy were not budget friendly, and the budget friendly plans are loaded with carbs, I was expressing my frustration to my husband and he suggested that I put together some sort of LCHF budget friendly meal plans. He said if I was searching for it then surely someone else was. Would anyone be interested in this? It wouldn't be a full daily plan, but would have one home cooked family meal per day.

I would be interested as well!!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    So many great ideas. With this rejuvenated energy, I guess I need to get off my duff! And when I say tight food budget. Right now, I have about $20. I may get another $20 on Friday. And that has to feed 2 of us full through to the following Friday...

Eliminating the Pepsi is not a battle I can currently take on. It is for the caffeine as much as the sugar, and I'll be honest, the fight it would entail at the moment simply is not worth the monetary exchange. I'm sure, as I modify all of our foods it will begin to happen naturally, and I'll push as the opportunity presents itself, but World War 4000 is not entering my home at the moment, thanks... I know this sounds somewhat like a cop out, and to a certain extent, I am just not willing to take on the stress of the fight to make the change/deal with the attitude/etc., but part of it is sincere...just not anywhere close to worth it right now.

P.S. Anyone know how to determine if your slow agitation in your washer is the belt or the other thing? $75 service call if they come out...but just parts cost if I can figure it out myself!!

Not a cop out at all. Believe me I understand talking to the brick wall. You just do the best you can and call it good. I think you are right it will come when ready.

I hate to brag. We hit the mother load in sales yesterday at the grocery. Big pork roasts for 97 cents a pound. Chicken thighs also 97 cents and pork steaks or loin chops were only 1.28 a pound. I bought as much as I thought I could get in the fridge and freezer and had to cook a pork roast and one package of chicken because we were out of room. Of course I could just leave it on the shop shelf because the high the last few days has not been about 20-21 degrees. LOL Today a heat wave at 28 so far.

• shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OH forgot. Google about the washing machine problem. You will be amazed what you might find out. Maybe your WigWag is going out.