New Star Wars comic book series by Marvel

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
Anyone check it out? It takes place after the events in episode 4 but before Empire Strikes Back. I am a bit bummed that all of the stuff released by Dark Horse comics is no longer considered canon when the rights transferred to Marvel. Also as I was reading it, in my head all of the characters sounded just like in the movies. XD They are also releasing some mini spin off series focusing on Darth Vader and Princess Leia.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I totally would if I could just subscribe to it and get it in the mail... I don't like digital versions and I'm too lazy to go to the comic store every week (totally out of my way).
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I totally would if I could just subscribe to it and get it in the mail... I don't like digital versions and I'm too lazy to go to the comic store every week (totally out of my way).
    Though I am not that far from my local comic book shop, 30 mins, I visit every other month.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I really liked the Brian Wood run that took place in the same time period. That was just published last year. So I am annoyed.

But I do have the new Marvel one at home. Will get around to reading it, I'm sure.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yeah, stoked! Haven't read it yet, but I'll be keeping up with it. In addition to the (limited?) series lacroyx mentioned, there will also be one starring Kanan from SW Rebels.
    Desterknee wrote: »
    I really liked the Brian Wood run that took place in the same time period. That was just published last year. So I am annoyed.

I just started on that one - finished the first TBP. That's cool though, I'll continue and finish that series soon. I'm at peace with the wiping and new canon, and will just enjoy my "head canon" as I read.