Methylation Therapy - Have Any Of You Heard Of This For Hashimoto's

Options
This past weekend my daughter marched in a MLK JR parade. While we were standing on the sidelines a super nice young lady walked by handing out flyers for their Nutrition and Fitness place around the corner. They have a $12/month program that provides basic general nutrition and fitness advice, free email support and weekly weigh-ins. I overheard her telling someone that they took a holistic approach to nutrition and health. For $12 I'm thinking that's a good deal so I emailed them to see if they could provide support for someone with Hashimoto's and her response is below. I've never heard of methylation therapy before but I'm seriously considering going in and having a chat with her. Keep in mind I've got a rockin awesome doctor who has given me a taste of my old life back with vitamins and armor but now I really want to focus more on eating the right kinds of foods to promote healing even more. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reaching out to us about our holistic health and wellness program. From reading your email, I see you are interested in addressing Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and adrenal fatigue; conditions for which I am very familiar with. Autoimmune disorders is a primary focus of mine and I help people reverse or slow the affect these conditions have on the body. Nutrition therapy (blood & body type), methylation therapy, and natural herbs is what I use to turn these conditions around. I also do muscle testing to ensure that what we recommend is right for your body.

Replies

• lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of methylation therapy. Methylation in chemistry has to do with adding hydrogens onto more complex molecules -- filling them up with hydrogens like you'll see in hydrogenation of oils. I have no idea what that could mean relative to Hashi's. I'd be interested in learning more when that is explained more to see if it sounds reasonable (I'm also not sure how "muscle testing" would come into play wit these options). Please be careful about the herbs and run them through your awesome doc -- they can add complications in certain situations.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lindsey. I am interested in learning what she has to say but I've already told her I'm not changing anything without my doctor's permission.