Best sweetener

Options
What's everyone's favorite sugar substitute? What tastes the best? What is good for baking etc?

Replies

• lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My favorite for baking is Erythritol. It has the same volume as sugar. I use stevia in drinks.
  • Crystalp2281
    Crystalp2281 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Agave Nectar for hot tea. I stopped drinking coffee because I can't drink it without a pound of sugar and creamer too! :)
  • christiec2015
    Options
    I like the Silver Spoon tablet sweeteners...you get 400 in a pack so it lasts a while :)
  • christiec2015
    Options
    I use the tablets in my cups of tea. I've tried Stevia, Candarel, Hermesetas and several more, and personally the Silver Spoon's my favourite. It just takes a while for you to find that one you're happy with :) Oh and I use the granulated Splenda for baking
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I finally got to the point I do not use any sweetener for anything anymore. What freaked me out was how sweet many things are naturally after your taste buds and brain reset.

I was doing coffee black before very low carb but now that 80% of my calories needs to come from fat I now add in the thickest milk available and lots of it to cool it down.

One of the protein powders that I have used has Stevia in it and that is way too sweet now for my taste.