Thursday Fasters...

Options
JJA14
JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
What has everyone got planned for today?

I have a busy work day, but it will finish at 3:30 today. So lots of black tea through the day and may be an oxo cube if I get peckish.
Dinner (for the kids) is a meatball and pasta bake which I find easy to resist - I have a delisious mushroom soup planned.

Also going to fit in an hour on wii fit.

How about you?

Replies

• debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm donating blood after work, so I will have to plan my fast day very carefully.

I was thinking of having a cup of soup with some crispbreads for lunch, then a small bag of popcorn, so by the time I donate I would still have eaten over 200 cals.
    My dinner tonight will be Prawn salad, followed by a small piece of dark chocolate. :D Thats my treat.

I have a busy evening planned. Along with the blood donation, I'm going to visit my mum, plus I'm sanding down my living room floor over the weekend, so moving the furniture out tonight and tomorrow, and getting it ready for Saturday morning sanding and re-varnishing.

Hope everyone has a good day.

<3
  • ellie74020
    ellie74020 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am having a spinach omelette and skinny green soup later with a banana for snack in the middle of the day.
    And lots of water in between!
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I teach and am plan a salmon croquette + hot V8 juice for right when school lets out. Then dinner of chicken and asparagus later, with an egg custard for dessert. This is only my second fast day, and my first on a workday, so I'm curious how this will do. I usually have to eat on the run, so I'm guessing I won't even notice any hunger while teaching, and will be set up well for the end of day meetings.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    An hour on the turbo for B'fast, with an orange to follow. Midday will be a walk, tonight will be a prawn omlette. There may be a session with the weights as well.
  • JJA14
    Options
    Wow, Geoff!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hot water with lemon to start the day.
    Cup of Bovril when I get into the office.
    2 rice cakes with a laughing cow light
    60 cal cupasoup for lunch (Thai chicken flavour, yum!)
    herbal and green tea throughout the afternoon
    Kangaroo steak with "red veg" (cabbage and mushrooms in spicy tomato sauce)
    Dance class tonight - must resist the biscuits.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    frozen fruit and whey protein smoothie
    taco salad for dinner without the shell

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Moved my fast to tomorrow as I fasted Tuesday instead of Monday ;-)

Homemade Veggie soup for lunch (fennel/carrot/bell pepper/zucchini/potato)
    and
    Homemade Beef-Veggie Chili are already cooked and portioned for tomorrow.
    There is even room for a skyr with berries for dessert after dinner :p

Hope everyone is doing well and going strong today!
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I stick to protein shakes and a protein bar on my fast days. The less I have to think about food the better! Working all day, then rush home to pick up my girls (dogs) and off to Agility class. By time we get home its time to feed the girls and get to bed. Short day with no time to think about eating.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 3 cup (8 fl oz) 7 Calories
    Egg - Boiled Whole Egg, 2 egg 154 Calories
    Splenda Sweetener Packet - Sweetener, 1 packet 3 Calories

Lunch
    Cabot - Greek Yogurt Plain, 0.25 Cup 78 Calories
    Kraft - Sharp Cheddar Cheese Block, 0.5 oz (28 g) 55 Calories
    Generic - Dill Pickle Juice (Correct), 14 g (1 tablespoon) 3 Calories
    Fresh Express - Angel Hair Coleslaw, 1 cups 13 Calories
    Generic - Grapefruit, Fresh, 1/2 grapefruit 56 Calories
    Mt. Olive - Pickles - Hamburger Dill Chips, 48 Chips 0 Calories

Dinner
    Cabot - Greek Yogurt Plain, 0.13 Cup 39 Calories
    Palak Shorba, 2 serving(s) 90 Calories

Snacks
    Generic - Organic Green Tea, 12 oz 0 Calories

Totals 498
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I suspect your dill chips do have a few calories - AFAIK if the value is under 5 then it doesn't have to be shown on the label. But that's not to say that 48 of them wouldn't have a significant calorie value.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're right. For another dill pickle brand, one whole dill pickle is 10 calories. I don't actually count the amt of pickle chips, it's just the same entry every time. I usually use a slotted spoon, put some in a bag and leave it as the entry that is saved in MFP. I haven't had lunch yet so I decided to count today's and see how many there actually are. Today's pickle chip count is 25 :) If I were to stack them on top of each other, it is probably somewhere equivalent of 1/3 to 1/2 a whole pickle.
    I suspect your dill chips do have a few calories - AFAIK if the value is under 5 then it doesn't have to be shown on the label. But that's not to say that 48 of them wouldn't have a significant calorie value.

• JJA14
    Options
    My day has gone as planned. Just sitting down to my soup now after an hour on the wii.
    I'll have a slob on the sofa now for a bit, then early to bed with a herbal tea...what a hectic evening (not)!
  • ellie74020
    ellie74020 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so hungry!! Day almost over thank goodness
  • dmbjewel
    dmbjewel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too! But I'm determined to have two good fasts this week, and also to drag my butt to the gym this evening. There's no backing down now that I've put that out there for all of cyberspace to read!
  • Revcminor
    Options
    Just going to bed now after a good fasting day. Hungry, but just brushed my teeth. That always helps we call it a day!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday, but I had no energy for the bike this morning and only managed 40 mins.
  • JJA14
    edited January 2015
    Options
    First full week of 5:2 for ages - 2nd fast day done.
    - Weighed myself this morning (after a bit of wii fit and a wee!) and I'm 4lbs down!!!
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fantastic jja - every wee helps.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    2nd fast day done! Regular eating until Monday. Busy weekend coming up. Agility trial tomorrow with my best girl, so lots of running anticipated. What's everyone else up to?