What gives?

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
Throughout the entire program I have not slipped up once and have logged faithfully. Until today weight loss has been consistent. But this morning I was up almost 2 pounds. My sodium is low and protein is high. I drink 12 glasses of water a day. Any ideas??

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well if you drink that much water it is probably just water weight and nothing to worry about. As for salt Paleo and Primal both do not advocate cutting it, the stuff is really good for you and helps with many bodily functions, I have never held back once I heard this and have had no side effect from it. Water also is way less complicated than the "health" community wants it to be, read this when you get a chance http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    PMS? Post-MS maybe it isn't all gone yet? Low potassium? Potassium helps to act as a diuretic and release water, but like Clutch said you don't restrict sodium on lower carb plans. They act differently in the body and you also can use Sea salt which has beneficial minerals as well. Medications? Some of mine can cause bloating. Constipation? Thyroid? So many possibilities!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great article Clutch! Never thought about it that way before. Some days I obsessively drink over a gallon. Seems really silly now.

Cindy i am a week away from TOM. Maybe I am having a hormone fluctuation.
  • mmnormand
    mmnormand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to hold on to water after a weight training workout. Could be something as simple as that. Also, stress can cause a little weight gain or retention. 2 pounds is so little that there are probably lots of reasons for the blip on your scale.