Gastric Sleeve Newbie

Options
hi all, I've just undergone surgery in the UK four days ago to have the Gastric Sleeve done, Ive finally managed to keep liquids down today 2 x slim fast shakes and 1 slim a soup, I'm looking for any tips for me or recommendations for other liquids, interested in speaking with people who have just had the procedure to share worries and tips. thanks

Replies

• nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Do you have a nutritionist? I'm new to this but some have said slim fast (if it is like the one here in the states) has too much sugar. Hopefully someone with knowledge can give you better info. There are many bariatric websites where you can purchase protein powders and ready-to-drink products. Anyone in the UK know who is available there?
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome to the other side! I am about 4 weeks out and really loving how its going. You will find lots of support and sounding boards here. I'd recommend the VSGer's group too. Very active and all pre and post sleevers. I got unflavored protein powder from my Dr's office and I add it to crystal light and yogurt. I dont know if you have access to it the UK but many of us right after surgery used Isopure protein drinks. Hang in there. :smile:
  • Dove412
    Options
    Thanks for you messages x
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I started "full liquid" stage on day 3 and that included yogurt with no chunks of fruit in it, and sugar free pudding. As jm1fullerton did, I added unflavored protein to them. I had Isopure vanilla protein powder that I added flavor to, such as pumpkin puree & pumpkin pie spice. Syntrax nectar makes pretty good flavored protein powder too. You can order a sampler pack online. Unjury makes a good "chicken soup" protein powder that I still use and like a lot.
  • wvanglahn
    wvanglahn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In my 7 days of post-op experience ;), I've found that sugar is a major problem to keeping hydrated. Actually makes it harder to drink.

Personally, I'll be on clear liquids for another week before I start full liquids. Haven't had any real hunger issues yet. But I'm across the pond.

Fight well!