Rough day

Options
amliotta
amliotta Posts: 4 Member
it has been a rough few days for me. Bad news on top of bad news, waiting for test results on my daughter and all I want to do is eat everything in the house, then go to bed. I know exercise would probably help but I can't seem to get motivated for anything. How do you guys get through these days?

Replies

• MaidenVermont
    MaidenVermont Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you have had bad news. Hope all goes well with the tests. I have had a bad week too, emotionally draining. Its my 3rd week on MFP and I am wanting to reach for comfort foods this week, its been a struggle. I WILL make this work for me, health wise I dont have an option. Hope weekend goes better.
  • Pabs70
    Pabs70 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Sorry to hear about bad news and rough day. I had a binge last night. I ate a whole pack of chocolate biscuits plus 2 full pints of ice cream and 4 meat pies...all these after 6pm when I felt like doing this....it's horrible as it's so hurtful for my body but I do it anyway. Loneliness, boredom, not dealing with negative feelings and then bang! Over-eating junk foods. How to get rid of this self-destructive habit??!!
    Thanks for the opportunity to share this. I hope we start making good decisions when stressed out.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I try to find a distraction. Boredom or dwelling on my stressors cause me to binge, so if I'm occupied, it helps.
  • misskris1963
    misskris1963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sorry about your bad news Mama530. I so agree that boredom is a bad thing for me right now. Not that everything else can be a great reson to slip lol. Im back on the weight loss road. Gotta do it! Healthy and in the garden is my goal. Have to hang out here more with everyone that gets it. Thank God for all of you here. ;)
  • misskris1963
    misskris1963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    oops moma not your bad news sorry meant amioltta. gees think the brain is going. :o
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Last week i had a binge also, thank god we hadnt done our groceries yet. Exercise has never helped me (except kicking something).

I know it sounds easy, but i try to log the whole binge as a confrontation with myself and the effect and it seems to help me avoid it for a while. Ofcourse when something big happens its more difficult. Then i just try to call friends to talk about it and try to avoid too much time alone ( when i am at my weakest).

• _calmjam
    _calmjam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feeling for you. So sorry that you've got a lot of rough stuff going on. Makes a person want comfort for sure. I binged last night on a bunch of crap that I shouldn't have, but on we go. I find exercise helps if I have a goal, like to run a 5k or something, then I'm usually better at making sure I eat better. Hope this helps a little.
  • mesteinmann
    Options
    Sorry for your struggles. :( Exercise helps me too, but like you I find it hard to get motivated. I come up with a million excuses, like I'm too busy. This morning I was headed down that path. I put on my exercise clothes and stepped out of the house. Once I was there, I didn't want to let myself down so I thought, all I have to do is a mile. That mile turned into 2.5 miles away from my house, so of course I had to go back. 5 miles later, endorphins kicked in and I was really proud. And I didn't feel the guilt like I do after I binge eat. One step at a time.