Saying Hi to other 60's...

Options
Bennie528
Bennie528 Posts: 3 Member
I'm new to the group, but on MFP for a few years and needing support. I've put on 30 pounds the last 5 years and I want to get control of my weight before my health declines. Is everyone in this group also on MFP? Thanks for letting me join.

Replies

• JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie! I joined the group about a month ago and love it! It just feels so comfortable to be part of a group - and a part of a group who share so much history and similar challenges. WELCOME! :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie, yeah we are all MFPers here. I quit logging etc. around the holiday season in 2013, and returned the holiday season of 2014, so lots of others in the boat with you. Many others have done the same. The trick it to keep coming back to what worked. Logging, getting support, and staying focused on what needs to be done.

Welcome (*)
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    welcome - I've been on MFP for a while, wasn't serious, but started the serious work in September. This group is great for support, chat and fun. It is nice to know you aren't alone out there.
  • oma5
    oma5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I find the weight creeps up on you, and is harder to loose the older you get. I had joined before, quit recording but now I'm back. I have about the same I want to loose.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've joined before and stopped. When I don't log or correspond with others, I gain. Started a wellness group at work today, so, again, giving it the gusto. Had a rough 3 past weeks, have not followed my plan, detrimental to me. Hang in there. Congrats on the 30 lbs!. Hang in there and you will get more off.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Welcome. I have been away for a bit and gained back more than 5 lbs so basically I am starting over again. It has been a rough month so I am trying to get control of myself again. All newbies are wlcome to add me to your friend list if you wish. Hope you all have a great day. Joyce
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bennie. If I didn't log, I wouldn't succeed. I still have a ways to go, but it is within sight. We have so many people here at all levels in there journey and a lot who have made it. Great group!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie. I am a long time MFP member originally joined for the gluten free group and then found this over 60s group. I also needed to lose 30 lbs and I've lost all but 5. This is a great group giving lots of encourage and support to each other. I also agree with grandmothercharlie that if I didn't log, I wouldn't succeed.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Bennie528 wrote: »
    I'm new to the group, but on MFP for a few years and needing support. I've put on 30 pounds the last 5 years and I want to get control of my weight before my health declines. Is everyone in this group also on MFP? Thanks for letting me join.

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bernie ... I have got to goal at the end of last year and have stayed there pretty much because I still log what I eat .......Hope you enjoy our group of young oldies! :smile:

Jean
  • LillianPag
    LillianPag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie528, I am in the same boat, but I have 45 lbs to lose.
  • lois2468
    lois2468 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie528, I've been with MFP for a couple of weeks and think it's the only way to go (for me anyway). Yes, I have to track everything that goes into my mouth and be true to myself. If I didn't track it, I would be cheating only myself. I've been on so many different programs but I like MFP because my "friends" are 24/7. Everyone is positive and we're all in the same boat. Good luck to you.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Bennie! others-010.gif I've been on MFP - and in this group - since last September and it has really given me the motivation and support I need to just keep on keepin' on... ~ Kathy in Worcester, Massachusetts
  • Jidup
    Jidup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this evening. I did want to join one of the groups for taking off baby weight, but my baby is now
    I'm glad to be with a group my age. I think the weight is so hard to take off the older I get, but I'm making a new start with great optimism and determination.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Bennie, welcome. This group is knowledgeable, helpful, and understands the challenges. We're also smart, because we log and encourage each other.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Glad you've joined us, Jidup! I've gotten so much support and encouragement from this group and I trust you will too!

Hello to fatwidow and welcome back to Hayley & Paige's Grandma ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Jidup wrote: »
    I just joined this evening. I did want to join one of the groups for taking off baby weight, but my baby is now
    I'm glad to be with a group my age. I think the weight is so hard to take off the older I get, but I'm making a new start with great optimism and determination.

Is your baby grown? Otherwise a sixties age group might not be your age group. ;)

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie, This is a great group! Lot's of support! Stay on track, exercise! You can not fail if you stick with it!!
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie! Although I'm a little late, I just wanted to welcome you and tell you that this is a great group. You're gonna like it here.

Rose
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Bennie. I'm fairly new to MFP, only been on for about a month. It's a great place for a dose of positivity on our weight control journey.