TODAY ~ How's your day going? share, encourage, support, successes, struggles, questions

Options

Replies

• bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All! I had a decent day. I walked my daily goal and have stayed within my calories for the day. I plan on doing a bit of strength exercises, and having a sweet treat before bed. Looking forward to a great Tuesday.
  • anndieringer
    Options
    Hello! New to MFP groups. For the last couple weeks I've been tracking, but I think I could benefit from some additional support! I want to lose the 35 pounds I regained over the last 18 months. (Had maintained my weight for 3 years.) I had a hysterectomy and other pelvic repairs last April, and I've been unable to move the scale since. In fact, 10 of the pounds piled on since my surgery! Help!
  • kymholly
    Options
    New to mfp, tomorrow will be 1 week & my official first weigh-in. Like anndieringer, I have regained 35 pounds I had lost previously on WW. I am finding tracking my food to be very helpful right now, but it does get cumbersome, especially trying to create a recipe. I did an intense workout 2 days ago & am still sore, but not too bad. Currently having a huge blizzard, no outside walking for me & everyone is home, no school or work. Hopefully, the power will stay on llng enough for me to do a workout on demand television.
  • ebowe
    ebowe Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP (started Sunday). I need to lose 70lb (goal). I am mom to an 8 & 10 yr old. I need to get healthy & keep up with them! I need lots of encouragement & I think I've finally found it here. I gave up sugar & diet coke and am tracking calories. I have a big problem with giving in to fast food for dinner. I bought food for the week to avoid this pitfall & I am hoping it works! Love the ease of MFP!
  • TheJourneybyT
    TheJourneybyT Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've heard Epson Salts in a bath helps with soreness because it reduces inflammation. I don't know if that's true or not.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Today I will make more of an effort... by looking at the next 7 days to meal plan, predict any temptation situations headed my way, and any other plans I can make to move me toward success. :D
  • TheJourneybyT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Share what food plan you're eating, if you'd like to... I'm a diabetic, during diabetic class we learned to control our carbs to 135-270 per day and the importance to spread them throughout the day to keep blood sugar levels from spiking up or down. Recommended is 15-30 carbs per snack and 30-60 carbs per meal, eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks throughout the day. I see a bunch of people on MFP who are limiting carbs to 50 per day and people who are doing low carb diet of less than 20 carbs per day. Please feel free to share any thoughts, suggestions, tips!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Hoping the electricity stays on for you Kymholly and for everyone toward the east.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    I find that pre-planning is key to staying on track. I know the calorie counts of my favorites and plan around them. I tend to repeat breakfasts a lot, and lunches as well. Dinner tends to be my biggest "I don't know what I'm doing" meal, but at that point I know what I have left in terms of calories and can figure it out from there. I also like to cook extra and have leftovers.
  • TheJourneybyT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I agree Beth, when I have planned, it's easier and I stay on track rather then grabbing whatever convenient! Hey everybody, Kheinl shared about Walden Farms products at Albertson's - sure enough I just got some.... no calories, no carbs, no fat, no sugar, no sugar alcohol ~ I am THRILLED, I got BBQ Sauce, Thousand Island Dressing, Chocolate Syrup, Caramel Syrup. I saw they had many other products too - waldenfarms.com/
  • anndieringer
    anndieringer Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kymholly, anysuggestions for on demand exercise programs? I have Direct TV.

• lilyandree59
    Options
    I'm excited about my day and have to share. We are having our Annual General Meeting for Shareholders at 7:30 p.m. tonight and the staff decided to go our for dinner and drinks after work as 3 of them live out of town and did not want to go home in between the meeting and work. Well, I declined and came home, walked my 30 minutes on the treadmill, ate my planned meal and am ready to go to the meeting. A few weeks ago I would have been right there with them. I am so proud of myself...just had to share! Now off to what I hope is a short meeting so I can get back here and spend time with my fur baby Bella!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Awesome, we are proud of you too! (*)
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Great job lilyandree!
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    kymholly wrote: »
    New to mfp, tomorrow will be 1 week & my official first weigh-in. Like anndieringer, I have regained 35 pounds I had lost previously on WW. I am finding tracking my food to be very helpful right now, but it does get cumbersome, especially trying to create a recipe. I did an intense workout 2 days ago & am still sore, but not too bad. Currently having a huge blizzard, no outside walking for me & everyone is home, no school or work. Hopefully, the power will stay on llng enough for me to do a workout on demand television.

If you have a meal you usually make, chances are there's a low cal recipe for it online. Then you can import it into recipes. It makes it easier for me. Like meat loaf, spaghetti, whatever. I've found almost all of my staple dinners plus some new ones.
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just figured out there's a whole lot of foods in the database like Flame Broiler chicken bowl, pollo loco foods, kfc, etc.
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Food dairy, clicked quick tools, remember meal. It put "My Meals" in the blue bar. So I'm busy this morning thinking of combinations of foods to put into meals. Have a great Wednesday everyone! :D
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Cool, I hadn't used that button before! Now I will play with that too, thanks T!
  • TheJourneybyT
    Options
    Had a great day ~ happy with my food and exercise! No temptations today but the day before I started MFP.... my husband left his mini butterfingers at home (instead of taking them to work), the package was open... open! When I noticed them, I immediately grabbed a gallon size baggie, wrote in permanent ink exactly how I felt at that moment then put the open package of mini butterfingers inside it, zipped it shut completely, went outside and threw it up a tree! When my husband came home, he used a ladder to retrieve them. I have not had any candy around here since and I'm grateful not to have candy temptation at this time.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, was a bit tough but I did do better than the day before. So, today I am hoping to improve on that and finally get to a place where I am keeping under my calorie goal. I am going to make my lunch, something light because today will be all about meetings. I was using work as my excuse to not do anything because it has been stressful and also seem to be putting in more hours than I should -- but tonight if I don't do anything else, I am going to watch TV. So, I will stand up and watch TV and march in place if I have to in order to get some exercise into the equation. Better than nothing! :-)