Super bowl Buffalo Chicken Dip Options??

Im looking for a low cal/lower fat cheese based dip for a Superbowl party. My old standby was Velveeta, ground beef, ground sausage, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning done in a crockpot. I could probably make this much healthier by substituting, but I wanted to see if anyone had a good Buffalo Chicken dip or an alternate version of the above. Thanks!

Replies

• emme1978
    emme1978 Posts: 3 Member
    I make this for almost every party I go to now and it's a huge hit.

2 lbs of roasted shredded (or chopped) chicken breasts
    2 - 8 oz packages of low fat cream cheese
    1/2 small bottle of Franks hot sauce (more or less to your taste)
    1/2 cup fat free or low fat blue cheese dressing

Mix together and add to an 8x8 baking dish

Top with 1/4 cup regular cheddar cheese (the low fat one doesnt melt as well)

350 for 20 - 30 mins or until heated all the way through
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    What emme1978 posted! Serve it up with celery sticks instead of crackers. Yummy!
  • mrsdavis1014
    mrsdavis1014 Posts: 15 Member
    How many calories. I make mine the same way but with ranch instead of blue cheese

• Mine has no meat, and I'm always asked to bring it. Mix light sour cream and light cream cheese with a taco seasoning mix. That's the bottom layer. Make your own homemade salsa (hardly any salt that way), layer a whole shredded iceberg lettuce, and then top with whatever lowfat grated cheese. The taco seasoning mix makes you never notice that you didn't use full fat sour cream and cream cheese. Can dip with any sort of low fat chip, or whatever you like! The trick is to take a specific serving size and put on your plate instead of continually dipping!