Ketosis with an Eating Disorder

Options
Hey y'all- I hopped on the MFP bandwagon because I've really been throwing myself into Keto, and lots of the girls on xxKeto recommended it! Just thought I'd share how much better I feel on Keto. I love it. I'm not losing weight very quickly (any advice there?) But I feel amazing.

This was the only diet I've ever found that doesn't trigger a relapse, and that's pretty fantastic.

Not sure if this is needed, but if anyone in the reddit community has or had an eating disorder, I just made a group here on MFP

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100766-eating-disorder-support-group

If you're interested.

TLDR;
Keto is good.
Why isn't weight flying off my body?
How do I fix that?
Eating disorders are bad.
Follow link for support :)

Replies

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I also have struggled with an eating disorder for a very long time. In a regular cico diet, the amount of calories I eat usually get lower and lower and lower until I'm barely eating. But in the keto diet, my disorder really hasn't been triggered. It's funny that you brought this up because I was thinking about this yesterday.
  • forbevvi
    Options
    This is good to hear. I'm trying to implement a meal plan learned in recovery and keto feels safest! It may be bad to focus on numbers but staying under 20g carbs and not focusing on calories is steering me clear of relapse so far.

All the best, ladies.
  • chideldali
    chideldali Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    God damn, I hear this thread so much. I hae realised through following high protein and also high fat that carbs are the only thing that trigger me to binge eat. I actually enjoy what I eat on high fat, whereas on high protein, it was for fuel only.

I think I'd enjoy fruitarian a bit more than high fat, but I don't lose when I eat just fruit. It's the only diet I maintain on though...

You ladies are welcome to add me if you want ED support. I'm recovering from bulimia and BED. I have BPD, anxiety, and depression so if you wanna be friends, get to it!
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Team BED checking in. I've been bouncing around to the idea of Keto for several months, but cannot commit bc of fear that I'll relapse and gain more weight. I put on about 10 pounds during the Holidays. Quick question. Are you ladies finding it easier to just focus on carbs or calories as well?