Options
dontsweat
dontsweat Posts: 15 Member
A bit disappointing.

Replies

• twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree. I was hoping to find a group for people from WI that was active.
  • dontsweat
    Options
    Every forum I've ever been on that had a Wisconsin group the group is always dead. It seems like Wisconsin folks just don't like forums.

It would be nice to be able to connect with others close by so we can all embrace the misery of the Wisconsin winter together. :smiley:
  • ljburton1125
    Options
    We are too frozen to type. Lol!
  • dontsweat
    Options
    Hasn't been that cold yet. Just get wind proof pants, wind proof jacket, a good pair of running shoes, a balaclava and some good gloves to keep you warm. Cold weather shouldn't keep people from working out!
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm here! My problem is the new forum format. I miss the old summary pane.
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This seems to come and go at times with people being active. It get's hard when no one responds.
  • dlheil14
    dlheil14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well we can change this, how 'bout it?
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    :)
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :D I'd be willing to help make this a more active forum! Where are people from? Anyone from the Milwaukee area??? I'd love to get some people together to help keep each other accountable!
  • MeepleMuppet
    Options
    What are some thread ideas? I stopped checking this group because all of the posts were people-seeking-people in places where I don't live (mostly). What else can we talk about? The only idea I had so far is an events thread - I may not be able to be walking partners with someone in a far away community but I might drive up on a weekend for a fun event. I can start that one if people think it's a good idea.
  • dontsweat
    Options
    :D I'd be willing to help make this a more active forum! Where are people from? Anyone from the Milwaukee area??? I'd love to get some people together to help keep each other accountable!

I'm from the Racine area.
    What are some thread ideas? I stopped checking this group because all of the posts were people-seeking-people in places where I don't live (mostly). What else can we talk about? The only idea I had so far is an events thread - I may not be able to be walking partners with someone in a far away community but I might drive up on a weekend for a fun event. I can start that one if people think it's a good idea.

Challenge threads are always fun. We could start a Wisconsin weight loss thread, daily exercise thread, running thread, etc etc. Wisconsin folks have the stigma of being lazy and drunk..we could help change that.
  • dlheil14
    Options
    Even though we don't live close to one another doesn't mean we can't challenge virtually. A friend of mine and I are doing the 28-day squat challenge that I found via MyFitnessPal. She's doing it due to arthritic knees and I'm doing it to help me get into shape. If I see someone else exercised longer than me, I try to surpass that person the next day.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wah wah. Sad that is is dead around here. Anyway, I do have a real questions, husband and I are pretty new to Wisconsin (live in Milwaukee), and I am brand new to road cycling. What are some good road cycling day trips we can do this summer?
  • MeepleMuppet
    Options
    Welcome to Wisconsin! There are lots and lots, cycling's a big hobby in those parts. I'll poke around for some lists and get back to you. Places to try would include the DNR website, Trek, and Wisconsin Trails magazine.
  • dlheil14
    Options
    Definitely the DNR website. Where ever there were train tracks there are now bike trails.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is the most action I've seen on this group in a while...

I'm fairly active here... Not on the boards so much, but I do keep up with my MFP friends and am committing back to logging daily.
  • wisgal77
    wisgal77 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to start an April challenge, but no takers yet.
  • MeepleMuppet
    Options
    I did!