Some inspiation for you!

Options
Let me rave about c25k a minute.

On October 27th I decided to take my first steps ever as a runner. I had never given running any serious thought before. I'd never even ever managed half a lap around the track. I was miserable that first day. I could hardly finish my 60 second intervals. My chest hurt and I thought I will never finish this program. It didn't get easier. Each week I pushed and it was hard. But I improved! I made it farther. I was OVER THE MOON when I managed a whole 5 minute interval. Fast forward to graduation. Each step in that 30 minute run was tough but I finally finished! Me. I was a runner.

Today I ran 5 miles. Five. Cinco. In a row, without walking. This program works. Its amazing. Keep at it! Understand that we have all struggled. A mile seemed like a marathon. But here I am. Living proof that you can do anything if you try.

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Way to go! You can be very proud of this accomplishment.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Not sure how I missed seeing this until now. WAY TO GO!!! I am a firm believer in c25k (and 5 to 10k).
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Let me rave about c25k a minute.

On October 27th I decided to take my first steps ever as a runner. I had never given running any serious thought before. I'd never even ever managed half a lap around the track. I was miserable that first day. I could hardly finish my 60 second intervals. My chest hurt and I thought I will never finish this program. It didn't get easier. Each week I pushed and it was hard. But I improved! I made it farther. I was OVER THE MOON when I managed a whole 5 minute interval. Fast forward to graduation. Each step in that 30 minute run was tough but I finally finished! Me. I was a runner.

Today I ran 5 miles. Five. Cinco. In a row, without walking. This program works. Its amazing. Keep at it! Understand that we have all struggled. A mile seemed like a marathon. But here I am. Living proof that you can do anything if you try.

I want to say thank you. I read this post yesterday at work. Went home and did a repeat day of Week4/day3 before starting week 5. When it came time for the 5 minute run I pushed myself to run the full five minutes and I DID IT! I was so excited I fist pumped. If any cars saw me they probably think I'm crazy lol. :)