14 months out and freaking out!

Options
hey everyone in 14 months out of having gastric sleeve surgery! My starting weight was 232 I'm now at 151...I was 147 but seemed to have gained a few pounds and freaking out! I've become confused by others comments of ur too thin or u look fine or u should gain some weight! I had been heavy my whole life and although in comfortable in having a hard time staying on track! I need to refocus and restart my weight loss ! I'm just petrified I'll really gain the weight back and just want to know if anyone else has experienced this and how they managed to overcome it! I'm here for support for anyone! I've done great up until now when my insecurities are now messing with my head! Anythin encouraging we sure help thanks so much! Jen

Replies

• amylhatch5
    amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Unless you're super tall 151 is not "too thin". I would love to be 147/151! I am on my way! Lol. I would just keep at it. It's a constant process, and you can't get too comfortable. One step at a time. :)
  • kaferrell
    kaferrell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! Don't let what other people have to say about your appearance make you second guess yourself. Stay focused on your success and continue your journey. If you think might be hitting a stall, look at your routine and change it up a bit. Add some new foods to your menu, shake up you workout, change how you do some things. But don't let other people dump their stuff on you. When we made the choice to do this drastic thing to change our lives, it was a personal decision. No one else has to live in our skin but us. So when YOU are ready to stop losing, you will! Everyone else should just be supportive. Or quiet, whichever they do best!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    People have so many motivations. Some think they are being helpful or complimentary, some are envious or jealous. What they think is not important for you. What is important is how you feel and if you are healthy. Only you and your physician can answer that. Ignore the rest of the noise.
  • tanya54727
    tanya54727 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen, I have a unique perspective on this as I had my surgery over 4 years ago. When you first start to lose and you lose quickly your friends who see you as plump in the beginning are seeing you anew. You do look to small for the YOU you used to be. The new Jen is getting healthier and as your body and health catch up you are looking fabulous. I would like to be able to tell you not to worry about weight gain. But I'm going to be honest and tell you most do eventually gain some back. You have to stay vigilant and don't even think a little bit of something your not supposed to have is ok. It tends to get easier and easier to have one more bite of that item. Support is soooo necessary. Keep coming here and allowing others to support you and yes even hold you accountable. The fact that your voicing your worry tells me that you are determined that your successful! I wouldnt worry about a few lbs now and then, just rethink your stratagy and if it needs tweaked. As you plateau it is normal to gain about 5 lbs ands stay there. If you are not yet where you want to be. BrEaK ThaT PlaTeAu. Good luck and scream for me if you need advice from an old vet of the surgery. :)