The End of Dieting

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Hi, I'm Sabine, and I'm a library book *kitten* (hi Sabine).

I just put "the End of Dieting" on reserve at the library. Given that we've lost our group history...how is it?
I read Eat to Live last year or so.

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    I have not read it yet, it's on my list. I recall a couple threads about it but can't remember what people thought.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Thanks. I'm number one on the library wait list, so I should know soon! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm about half way through it, and my reaction is the same as the first.... so I need to make a change. HA. To the PRINTED book, rather than the audiobook. I just find the narrator so bloody off putting. I rarely give feedback on audible (I ended up buying it) on the narrator, but I hate this man!!!
    When I listened to Eat to Live I didn't like him. Now I hate him.
    So, I'll buy the kindle companion (at a reduced price) and finish reading it, hopefully without that man's voice in my head, ha.
    Otherwise, The End of Dieting is a lot like Eat to Live, so far.

cheers
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I finished reading it recently, and I find it is just a slightly less restrictive approach, and seems more principles based. I prefer it because I felt like it made a more compelling argument as to why a whole foods plant based diet is superior for both health and weight control and somehow just makes it seem a lot easier and less intimidating than the original ETL.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I finished reading it recently, and I find it is just a slightly less restrictive approach, and seems more principles based. I prefer it because I felt like it made a more compelling argument as to why a whole foods plant based diet is superior for both health and weight control and somehow just makes it seem a lot easier and less intimidating than the original ETL.
    Great! I'll keep reading, albeit without that man's voice. Thanks peas!
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I bought End of Dieting awhile ago and only read about half of it, but just picked it up again this past week. It is similar to Eat to Live but I like it! I agree MakePeas, it seems more common sense based and I don't feel so intimidated by it at all either.

Sabine - Funny how much a narrator can affect how much you like/dislike a book! I find that a lot actually too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    liapr wrote: »
    I bought End of Dieting awhile ago and only read about half of it, but just picked it up again this past week. It is similar to Eat to Live but I like it! I agree MakePeas, it seems more common sense based and I don't feel so intimidated by it at all either.

Sabine - Funny how much a narrator can affect how much you like/dislike a book! I find that a lot actually too.

I finally finished it yesterday. I slogged through the narration. Glad I did. It has some good information!
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I liked the approach in the End of dieting. Dr. Fuhrman lays out all the food you can eat and simplifies the eating plan.
  • JCN80
    JCN80 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's worth reading? I've already read ETL, Eat for Health, Super Immunity and Disease Proof Your Child.
  • tdh1991
    tdh1991 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Repeat but made simple
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I must apologize. I was wrong! I pulled out my EtL book and so far it's narrated by Dr. F. not the annoying man who narrates The End of Dieting.
    I'm re-reading. It's been a while.