Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
Who's your pic? Mine is...
Matt Frazier - Men
Annie Thorisdottir - Women
Team would be whomever Rich Fronning is on. lol

Replies

• thoseAmericanthighs
    Options
    I agree with Matt Frazier, but I definitely think that Noah Ohlsen and Scott Panchik will give him a run for his money.

As far as women go, I'd love to see Annie back on top, but she's been very quiet lately. I expect a run off between Sam Briggs, Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet, Annie Thorisdottir, Julie Foucher, and Kara Webb (especially since she was on top before getting injured).

I expect Invictus to put on another good show but I'm not really as familiar with who will be where on the teams.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It would be nice to see a deadlift ladder or squat ladder and the games. Haven't seen a squat ladder yet?

I could see these 3 going at it ,Sam Briggs, Camille LeBlanc-Bazinet, Annie Thorisdottir.

Matt Frazier and Scott Panchik, I wish Panchik would win one. Noah may have another year or two before he wins one.

I think what matters is who's healthy or injury free, who made the most gains since last year and the programming of the games. Or who Dave Castro programs to win,lol. I think he will program it to suit Matt Frazier in the men to produce another Rich Froning. Which would cater to Webb for the women or Camille.
  • thoseAmericanthighs
    Options
    I am curious to see how the programming suits everyone this year and whose strengths it plays to. Only time will tell...

I'd love to see the ladders with the powerlifts, but since they did the deadlift ladder for the teams last year and the clean speed ladder and the max overhead squat, I find it a stretch to think that they would do a squat ladder or deadlift ladder for at least the next 2 years. Of course, when it comes to Castro, I find I'm not the best at guessing his next move.

It's basically guaranteed that there will be a water involved event, ungodly amounts of muscle-ups in another event, something traversing across the soccer stadium, and then one of the classic "girls" wods twisted into something more brutal than normal.

What I have always wanted to see, but I doubt I will, would be Castro working in a hero WOD each year, having the best of the best honoring a fallen hero all together. I just think it would be a really special addition to each year.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    Who's your pic? Mine is...
    Matt Frazier - Men
    Annie Thorisdottir - Women
    Team would be whomever Rich Fronning is on. lol

Just met Fraser this weekend at the East Coast Championships. He is looking extremely fit and said he was totally healthy when we chatted with him (my buddy got a photo with him AND with Annie btw)

Froning competed in the Team Event on The Dream Team. Froning, Chris Spealler, Elizabeth Akinwale, Stacie Tovar. They didn't even place. I think Spealler was dinged up, plus the last WOD involved moving 275lb barbells for the guys, which is like twice his body weight. At the end of a long day he just couldn't do it and got stuck on a few lifts.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I am curious to see how the programming suits everyone this year and whose strengths it plays to. Only time will tell...

I'd love to see the ladders with the powerlifts, but since they did the deadlift ladder for the teams last year and the clean speed ladder and the max overhead squat, I find it a stretch to think that they would do a squat ladder or deadlift ladder for at least the next 2 years. Of course, when it comes to Castro, I find I'm not the best at guessing his next move.

It's basically guaranteed that there will be a water involved event, ungodly amounts of muscle-ups in another event, something traversing across the soccer stadium, and then one of the classic "girls" wods twisted into something more brutal than normal.

What I have always wanted to see, but I doubt I will, would be Castro working in a hero WOD each year, having the best of the best honoring a fallen hero all together. I just think it would be a really special addition to each year.

Don't forget some crazy piece of new equipment that Castro commissions from Rogue or one of the other sponsors. We've seen that two years running. The flipping sled and the sectioned log for the team events.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Triple unders and Murph! Lol...Oh yeah and Annie wants her title back. Jerome Perryman dead lifts 621 lbs. Would like to see what the young guys do.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Per our previous conversation, it's safe to say the winner for the men will fall into the 5'8-5'11 height range and weigh 185-195 lbs. Women tend to vary more.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    One day, triple unders are coming. lol
  • xfit229
    xfit229 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i also think Frazier has a good shot. Hes a strong power lifter and has great wind. ive seen him at regionals and he just doesn't stop. for women Im thinking briggs is coming back with a purpose. and something to prove.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Briggs looked very sharp at the ECC last weekend. She was also leading the pack in running over to cheer on athletes who were struggling. One woman got very upset because she kept getting no repped and was starting to lose it and Briggs grabbed her in a hug and talked her down and got her focused on the competition again. I was extremely impressed with her.
  • xfit229
    xfit229 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Briggs looked very sharp at the ECC last weekend. She was also leading the pack in running over to cheer on athletes who were struggling. One woman got very upset because she kept getting no repped and was starting to lose it and Briggs grabbed her in a hug and talked her down and got her focused on the competition again. I was extremely impressed with her.

shes a class act....Briggs and Fronning came to my box when they won and it was unbelievable how they are as people. very down to earth.. ps. the box i go to is in Bristol ct. home of ESPN. So When they came to ESPN for their interview They droped in. it was preaty cool..
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    ^nice!!