Cold

Options
jillshadow
jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
Does anybody here get cold when blood sugar is in the normal range and especially when it is low? The thermostat is set to 65 degrees and usually I don't have a problem. It is neither particularly colder out than any other day here, yet here I am freezing my butt off. I am 269 lbs and you'd think being that big I would stay relatively warm but noooope. I can't get warm for the life of me.

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    well, to me 65 degree's in winter (especially if damp/rainy/snow) outside. is very cold to me. I keep my heat on 71, but yesterday (26th), I was quite cold, I could not warm up. Lots of moisture in the air. I finally turned up my heat a few degree's, got it toasty feeling and then turned it back to 72. I live in Tennessee. Wether if BS in normal range makes you colder. I really don't know.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've been freezing all winter this year, even when it says it's 65 in the house, too. I don't think it's related to my blood sugar readings, but I would like to know what's causing it. I am also not anemic, so not that. But BRRRRRRRRRRR! Sorry, I have no answers, but I do sympathize with you as I am going through the same thing.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! I couldn't understand why this winter the cold is affecting me more that it usually does. It can't be because of the insulating fat I have lost because the cold didn't bother me at this weight on the way up. I put it down to a change in my antidepressants. I started getting hot all the time when I was first prescribed Wellbutrin back in 2003. My doctor changed my meds two years ago.