Late night eating HELP

Options
I have a problem with eating late at night, anyone else have a problem with this. Does it matter when you get the calories? If I save some for late night eating is that ok?

Replies

• rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a big night snacker myself ( well I used to be!), but have found that eating dinner later helps curb the urge. I always have a chia pudding in the fridge ( made with almond milk) to satisfy my snacking urge, if I get one. Have found packing our diet with whole,nutritious foods really helps as well. My diary is open, so feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Dragonlaurel
    Dragonlaurel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually want to eat late too. It's not bad if you are careful what that snack is. I recently bought a big bag of apples to see if that will satisfy me, while being easy to digest and healthy.
  • romncequeen
    Options
    I too get hungry at night as my quiet time is when my 3 kids are asleep, I find that if I have a nonfat vanilla dannon light and fit Greek yogurt, it curbs the hunger and has 10g of protein and only 80 calories, I've been eating clean and healthy now for 16 days and I'm down 10 lbs, I'm eating 1500 calories a day and replacing breakfast with a whey protein shake, I have a lot more energy and am losing inches as well. I'm new to this group and happy to join as its much easier and helps when you have support and motivation to continue this get healthy eat healthy journey, God bless and take care :)
  • KimF84
    KimF84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am FOREVER getting hungry late at night and I fear this is my biggest barrier to losing my weight! I will do great all day and then BAM! it starts around 9 and doesn't quit until I fall asleep! I need help too girl, but don't think you're alone!!
  • SammyGold12
    SammyGold12 Posts: 12
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah - I finally caved on this one myself. More accurately, I accepted that my body gets hungry around 8 or 9 at night.

I decided to stop beating myself up about it and just plan for it instead. I try to save a goodly number of calories from my daily count for that last meal (but maybe I should call it something else!)

Actually, I've found that I've started thinking of it as my daily reward - especially when I'm far enough under my calorie count so that my snack doesn't put me over.

• thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking is the number one reason I'm at my weight loss plateau right now. I work out a LOT and eat healthy during the day, but at night I just want to eat all the things. In the past I've found that 1) drinking a lot of green tea during the day and 2) eating a light meal or snack like cereal or yogurt and fruit in the evening and then stopping there really helps. I will be implementing this plan again starting today in the hopes that I can burst out of my plateau and curb my late night snacking after work. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you're in a similar position and looking for support!
  • JewelsHiker
    JewelsHiker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've found that if I make allowance for a snack (like a 100 calorie bag or two of popcorn) at night (figuring in those calories for my total) I do better than if I try to get over-restrict. That way I don't feel cheated. Feel free to add me in your friends list for support if you'd like. Good luck to you!!
  • CoachKatya
    CoachKatya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Late night eating is not so good unless you go to bed 3 -4 hours after that... Here is why: your body needs time to digest food. If you eat late and go to bed soon after your meal your body has to digest food while you are asleep. In this case not much time and energy is left for your body to detox and rest. The result: you might not feel rested in the morning... And if the cycle continues, it will be harder to loose weight and feel energetic. It is not easy to just stop eating late at night... I would recommend eating a fruit and try to go to bed at reasonable time :smile: Also, I found that my clients tend to snack less if they eat enough greens during the day. It works for me too! Here are a few ways to get more greens into your diet: green smoothie with spinach, kale chips (http://wellnesswithkatya.com/2015/01/my-favorite-kale-chips/), and salads (of course!) http://wellnesswithkatya.com/2015/01/mineral-rich-salad/
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    just an FYI, when in Japan I had bought some Teriyaki Nori (toasted seaweed) and was eating a couple here and there, but my son just loved them. One of my friends stated that a doctor told her that technically the seaweed just balls up in the stomach, so no more than one little sheet a day. Its an item that is sold in most grocery stores in the Asian section. Its just an item that you would think it to be so darn healthy, which it is, but its a food that is hard to process in the body....especially if you eat them as a snack late at night.