One week down and one to go

Options
Hildabean
Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
My first week of pre op diet is done. Not to bad. was hungry the first 2 days and now I am breezing by. Start the pure liquid diet Wednesday with the drinks the hospital gave me. I have to drink them along with clear liquids for 5 days before surgery. But I was told it is the same amount of calories as the first 9 days. On a high note I lost 4lbs in the first week.

One week still surgery. My anxiety is on a high (sucks to have panic disorder). I cant wait to see the new me this time next year. Of coarse I worry about failure again but that is the panic talking. I feel that I can do this now.

Thanks you all for such great support on here. Everyone is so helpful. God Bless you all!

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great so far! Good luck with surgery :)
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You'll get there and you'll do great!
  • pixelpushr
    Options
    Sounds good, I wish you luck. I am a week post-op and I have to say it was a strange week. It's amazing how odd I felt on day 1 and how good I feel on day 7. Every day gets better and better so don't let it get you down if you feel like poo the first day day or two or three. I started turning the corner after 3 days.
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Sending good vibes your way!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm three months post op - and so happy that I made this choice - you will be too! Trust the doc and everything you've learned, and you'll be fine!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Think positive. Looking forward to hearing how things go. Good Luck!!