Cryin' to the choir...

Elise4270
Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
I joined the "biggest loser" competition at work. I thought it'd be a great way to stay motivated and connect with others on a common goal..

I have not been well received since I don't have more than 5-10 pounds to lose

Have you had to deal with this behaviour?

Replies

• That is so discouraging! At the last place I worked there was a similar competition and if you didn't have 20+ lbs to lose you were pretty unwelcome. What a weird phenomena.

Best of luck to you with your own (valid) weight loss goals. :)
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    I wish they did these by % fat lost (starting bf% vs ending bf%)
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    As an adult I get people saying I don't need to lose weight because they see how thin my legs are. When I was 20 lb heavier than I am i wore stuff that hid the top part of my belly. They still said I needed to gain weight then too. Go figure. I was concidered over weight according the the weight and measures. So I lost any way. I am 5'2" and weigh 113. I have saddle bags still because I am very small boned. People I think are more crewl to the close to their normal weight people then to heavy people. If you are heavy stranger mock you when you are normal weight your friends are mean.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Sorry I was 130 and technically just over the line of obese.
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Yes! We are having one here at my work. Any time I mentioned that I was thinking of it I got "why?" Just because I am not overweight, doesn't mean I don't have my own personal goals. But in the end I didn't join. Probably for the best because I have only lost 2lbs since then and who knows it might be back tomorrow so it would have been a waste of money but maybe it would have been more motivation.
  • pennyrogers37
    pennyrogers37 Posts: 2 Member
    I have never been in that situation but I would suggest trying to see if any of them would want to try a new workout none of you have done before, or even get together for a night to try out interesting healthy recipes. If it is new to everyone, it's generally easier to bond and support each other in their goals. Just an idea.
  • bfay1101
    bfay1101 Posts: 35 Member
    We did the same at my work but we did it by percentage of weight lost. Just for the reason that each of us had different amounts to lose.