Newbee

Options
LillianPag
LillianPag Posts: 25 Member
Hello all. I have been using mfp on and off for a few years. More off than on. I have 45 lbs to lose and have so much trouble staying motivated. I have been widowed for 4 years and have gained 30 lbs of "grief" weight. I can't understand how I could quit smoking and can't quit eating! Every Monday I start over and this has to stop.

Replies

• JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear, dear fatwidow - condolences on your loss. There is a lot of support here and everyone is so kind. Hope you will stick around and glad you've reached a point where you can seek support in working toward your goals.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group today after being on MFP for several years ..... I had been able to maintain a 45# loss ...... but recently gained a bit ..... it's been more difficult to keep making the BEST choices in food and to get to the gym as often as I should. I need to get rid of the stinkin' thinkin' .....
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi f++widow (I just cannot call you f++). I also was widowed 17 years ago. That is such a difficult ordeal to go through. I quit smoking 27 years ago, but this food plan life path is a different set of circumstances. I gained 30 pounds 10 years ago after my daughter told me she was expecting a baby. She had a long history of miscarriages as well as a still born birth. She was single and the situation was very involved, at any rate I had gotten to my goal weight 2 years prior to that and managed to keep it off in spite of the fact that my other daughter had a baby that has health problems and we knew that during her pregnancy. Then my brother got sick and I gained another 10 lbs. So off and on for 10 years I've worked, never successfully at this weight loss issue. At least I have not continued to gain. This group is very supportive, mostly successful, and have good programs. I'm Joni from KY. You can friend me if you would like, but to be honest sometimes I get busy and cannot answer everyday. Hang in there with us.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    And welcome to you verptwerp. Good for you for losing and keeping 45 lbs off!!!And good for you for getting after it before you gained any more. This is a good group. You will get lots of support and suggestions. You can friend me if you want, but as I just stated above, sometimes I get busy and don't answer if a few days. I've had friends get upset with me over that. I do the best I can, but may not be enough sometimes. Wishing you success! Joni in KY
  • sandyjoe43
    Options
    Starting over again today. I've been a widow for for 18 years and have put on an extra 50lbs. I'm semi retired and find myself snacking all the time. Looking forward to warmer weather to be able to walk more.
  • LillianPag
    LillianPag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the welcome. Just joining a group has given me a little motivation. I managed to do 10,000 steps yesterday and I have not done that in awhile. Thanks Joni for the offer to friend you...I am not good at staying in touch everyday either so it just might work LOL!