20s challenge

Options

Replies

• nmester
    nmester Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm so interested in this!! Challenges are also a great source of motivation :)

I'm 23 and since I started my wonderful desk job it seems like I let my weight get the best of me but I work for a water delivery service so it should not be an issue for me to get my water intake :)

I'm actually getting back in shape the run a Spartan Sprint (3rd year, mud/obstacle course usually over 4 miles) in March and my ultimate goal is to run a Spartan Beast for my birthday is November which is about a half marathon!
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    How do I add my stats on the spreadsheet? Its not letting me type them in.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welcome nmester!

Christina, and anyone else if you message me or put them on here, I will add them. :) I have just been updating them as people post their daily check ins :)
    ( i don't want to open it to just anyone, because then anyone could come in and mess it up :) )

Today for me: Water intake has been great, i am beyond my 11 cups, more like 14 :) I also worked out today, I did a cardio machine and some rowing at the gym today.
  • palex09
    palex09 Posts: 21
    Options
    Awesome job @ashmarie8722‌ !

Well feeling sore today from that yoga lol but still did 20 min this morning..didn't do to good on the water got about 7 glasses our so.
  • ashmarie8722
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yay! I love that sore feeling, and way to push through! 7 glasses is way better than nothing! I still call that a win for the day :)

I made the mistake of not turning on my heart rate monitor at the gym today, which ended up giving me an excuse to eat some extra chips (because those calories lost weren't logged so the chips can balance them out or something). haha.

Updated:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akyua9_DiIUZ0Fzjgh5FfYYHQCBk45bTUlH42trSp1E/edit?usp=sharing
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I usually use my phone and the app doesn't have groups! I need to remember to use a computer sometimes! I hope I am not to late!

My starting weight is weight on Monday was around 215.5

Todays work out was 40 minutes of hill walking on my treadmill (I also walk to and from work which is about 3.6km a day in total)

I never keep track of my water but I will starts :D
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Welcome Shaney :) Thanks for joining us. I will gladly add you to the spread sheet. Great job on the work out and the walking to work :). There is actually a way to access groups on your phone. Go to "more", then "community" then scroll down the the bottom and there are your groups.

• Itsjustme86
    Options
    Thanks! It makes it easier to walk to work when you don't have a car! lol
    Ahhhh! You can get to groups on the phone!!!
    I think I maybe in the opposite time zone as most people! I am just starting Saturday! Grocery shopping then off for 40mins-1 hour on the treadmill :D Happy Weekend!
  • ashmarie8722
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Updated tonight: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akyua9_DiIUZ0Fzjgh5FfYYHQCBk45bTUlH42trSp1E/edit?usp=sharing

@ChristinaMolinari, I added you and put in your work outs from your diary. If you want to add your own, email me your gmail account and I will add you to the document :) otherwise as you update here I can add them when I do mine.

I will update it again in the morning for anyone who posts tonight.

Also: any ideas for next weeks challenge, I think we kicked this one out of the water. ;)
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Finished my Sunday workout 45 minutes of incline walking!
    How did everyone's week go?
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Way to finish out the week strong!

The week has been good as far as the challenges are going. I think this next week I need a goal that deals with logging everything!!! and staying in my goal. I have a really hard time especially at friends houses when they have snacks around. I have been good about not drinking those calories, but still, its a place for me to improve. thoughts?

document has been updated so far :)
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    I am kind of lucky in a way... I ended up seriously ill in November which included a 5 day hospital stay so now I am on a pretty strict diet (thats slowly loosening up) but most of my friends are aware so when I go over they have veggies and fruits for me while the rest of them eat chips and snack food! You could maybe bring your own snack with you? Cut up some veggies and hummus?
    I am an awful logger lol I log on here and in a journal and still can't get all my meals into either place so I am no help to you there!
  • ashmarie8722
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well Lets set that goal then Shaney, Log EVERYTHING we eat on MFP (bonus if you stay under your calorie goal every day). As for a work out goal I am doing c25k every other day, and weight lifting the other days. I think, I am going to try a push up challenge; how many push ups i can do in 2 min, every day. You are welcome to do that with me or add your own guys. :)

Week 1 is almost over :)
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Sounds like a great challenge! I just logged my breakfast!! My calorie intake is pretty high between 1700-1800 so I barely ever go over but this is what my nutritionist set me at!
    Today I am working out with my trainer but my workout goal is to get 4 days of addition cardio in!
    New week new month lets kick butt!
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    @ashmarie8722‌ I just saw your post and sent you a message. Thanks!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Week two everyone :) Don't forget to weigh in.

Challenges: Dietary, simply log everything (and be in your goal as a bonus).
    Work out: Ash - max push ups every day, Shaney - 4 days additional cardio. Christina?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akyua9_DiIUZ0Fzjgh5FfYYHQCBk45bTUlH42trSp1E/edit?usp=sharing
  • ChristinaMolinari
    Options
    Mine is to keep up with my gradual running schedule.
  • Dml_1993
    Dml_1993 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, is it to late to join in??
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    @ChristinaMolinari‌, great goal! I am trying to increase running with c 25k this month also, can't wait to see how it goes.

and absolutely not. Today starts a new week for us so just post your weight and what you want your weekly physical activity goal to be. Then just post every day with how you did on the dietary and physical goal :) and any other nsv.
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    Logged everything yesterday! I could not get full yesterday! All I wanted was to eat allllll day!
    Weighed this morning and at 212.1!