Weight struggles

Options
Hi, My name is Sharon and I am 66 years old and now live by myself, except when my granddaughter comes home on breaks from college. I have been trying to eat clean and read all of the labels and don't bring in any unhealthy foods. I struggle with getting in enough exercise, but have been doing 30-60 minutes on a recumbent bike. Anyway, I will keep track of my foods and do my best to eat clean, but it would be nice to know some new slow cooker recipes. I would like to get more variety in what I eat as it seems to be the same breakfast every day, so it would be nice to get some of your ideas.

Replies

• rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharon,
    I love that you're trying to eat clean! I'm soon to be 46 and have been on clean eating , combined with buying fresh local products for a few years now. Really kicked it in gear w/ hubby to start 2015 off on the right foot.

Clean eating is a work in progress for me. I'm always looking for recipe ideas, as well. I find a lot of great ones on Pinterest.
    I've sent you a friend request. My diary is open so feel free to browse;)

Robin
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you like chili, I found a Cilantro Lime Turkey Chili recipe on myrecipe.com that we love. I used kidney beans and added more cilantro and lime.
  • EBfan10
    EBfan10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cookbooks that I base a lot of meals from. My two favorites because I have kids, are 100 Days of Real Food, and The Family Cooks. I also like Clean Eats. Lots of breakfast ideas and some slow cooker recipes too.
  • dcp0112
    Options
    I just turned 46 and just have been diagnosed with diabetes. I have several health issues, the most significant being a severe lung disease that prevents me from doing much activity. I was at a healthy weight but after years of steroid use (to help me breathe) and hospitalizations, I put on this weight. Dec 1 I started eating clean, no processed foods to help lose weight and get diabetes under control. It is a challenge to lose weight when you have an illness that limits your activity but I am pushing myself to do short walks on the treadmil (until my lungs intervene & I have to stop) so I hope that this combination of healthy diet and small increase in activity will help lose weight. Anyone else out there dealing with these issues and have any suggestions for me?
  • FitnessGrudge
    FitnessGrudge Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you like chili, I found a Cilantro Lime Turkey Chili recipe on myrecipe.com that we love. I used kidney beans and added more cilantro and lime.
    I can't wait to try this recipe!
  • crisisborn
    crisisborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One thing that has really helped me organize is the program paprika. Importing recipes and setting meal times. I think its great you are exercising that long every day. Keep it up!