Tracking steps with iPhone or not?

Options
Hi all new to mfp, so just wondering if it's helpful to let it give u extra calories from steps counted or not? I'm post op at minute so no exercising anyway just worried I'll put weight on easily. I'm having 1360 per day didn't want to go to low as need to feed the muscle with protein to heel but wanted to keep space for soluble fiber. I'm counting my macros :)

Replies

• ghadamichael
    Options
    You are doing good. You need to heal first then you can cut down on your calories. Iphone tracks steps as long as it is with you. You really have to walk lots and lots of steps to burn calories, but why not, use it for now.
  • niferbyrne
    niferbyrne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ah thanks for the encouragement. I got an extra 60kcal yesterday and only realised Id eaten it at end of the day. But ur right healing is the priority. Thanks :)
  • bkelly30
    bkelly30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Pacer app on my Iphone until I could get a fitness tracker band. The only problem I found is the building I am in drains battery life, so my phone would need charged while I was busy moving around the office. Luckily as much movement as I do I'd still meet my goal, and know I actually had more in. I just wanted to have it as precise as possible. My only suggestion is to not let background apps run as well due to the drainage of your battery. Get well and healed soon. :smiley:
  • niferbyrne
    niferbyrne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip bkelly :smile:
  • rodriuezbl
    rodriuezbl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello! I use fitbit flex, I FREAKING LOVE IT! It actually encourages me to exercise more. I know you can't exercise right now, but walking is still great. It not only tracks that, it tracks your sleep patterns and you can sync it with MFP. I got it 2 weeks ago and I think it was worth every penny! Good Luck :)