lunches

Options
Healthy lunches for work?

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This week I made chicken salad. I poach 8lbs of chicken breasts in my crock pot, shred in my stand mixer and measure out into ziplock to freeze or cook with.

Basic Chicken salad:
    4 cups shredded chicken
    1 cup celery, diced
    3 green onions sliced
    1/3 cup light mayo
    1/3 cup light sour cream
    1/3 cup fat free greek yogurt
    salt and pepper, to taste

Combine everything together and slap it on some whole wheat bread, over spinach greens, in a whole wheat pita (just with a fork!). It's enough to last me all week.
  • Tiffize45
    Tiffize45 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I popped a frozen chicken breast about 3 oz worth seasoned with parsley, basil, and whatever else and steamed some broccoli before work. I tore apart a peice of leftover ham and mixed it all together. It was really good and also added a tsp of "I can't believe it's not real butter". The meal put me at 310 calories. If I made extra chicken and broccoli it could last me for the week but I only made enough for today.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    The last couple of weeks, I've been grilling out - hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken sausage and grilled chicken. That way, I can grab-n-go for lunch. I've cut up a chicken sausage, added cooked peppers & onions with a tad of chipotle sauce on a wrap and call it a day. How about tuna or tuna melts (tomato, tuna, cheese) or leftovers?
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    The last couple of weeks, I've been grilling out - hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken sausage and grilled chicken. That way, I can grab-n-go for lunch. I've cut up a chicken sausage, added cooked peppers & onions with a tad of chipotle sauce on a wrap and call it a day. How about tuna or tuna melts (tomato, tuna, cheese) or leftovers?

I'm sorry I'm new at this do we also eat hot dogs and hamburger? And still loose weight?
  • ob1baloo
    ob1baloo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This mixed bean salad is easy to make and tastes great.

1 can mixed beans rinsed
    1 Roma tomato small chopped
    1 onion diced
    1 avocado diced
    Tsp cilantro or to taste
    Juice of 1/2 lemon or to taste ( lime can be used I prefer lemon )

Mix ingredients in bowl. Squeeze lemon on last and mix. Makes 2 servings and keeps in fridge.

Reduce lemon juice if you do not like strong citrus flavour.

• jazzy847
    jazzy847 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I work night shift and tend to eat out late note, I'm looking for some ideas to take in with me that I can snack on during the night
  • nliette
    nliette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought one of the lunch crockpots. Love it!!! I freeze lunch size meals in red solo cups; then cut way and pop in the crock. Today is chicken in garlic sauce. Others: spaghetti squash w/sauce, zuchini with chicken breast, homemade soups, nachos (layer refried beans, onions/peppers, chicken), baked potato with toppings, any leftovers.
  • sarahrayallday
    Options
    I make a chicken avocado mix for a healthy, Quick lunch.

Use one can of white meat chunk chicken OR you can boil one chicken breast and shred it.
    Put avocado in a bowl with a little . t of garlic salt and stir it to your preferred texture.
    Add chicken to avocado and mix well.

I use olive oil and cracked pepper triscuits (6 crackers is 120 calories) or ezekiel bread/sprouted grain bread (80 calories a slice).

I also love a taco salad.

Black beans, lettuce mixture, ground chicken/turkey, avocado, and homemade/organic salsa.
  • hpeters2015
    hpeters2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy!
  • afbaka
    afbaka Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my work has a fridge and full kitchen, so i've been bringing a bag of lettuce at the beginning of the week and a bunch of fresh veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, green onions, carrots, cucumber, spinach, etc) and chopping them up as I need them and making a salad every day. Some days I'll fry up a veggie burger (Malibu brand from Costco are my absolute fave and get nice and crunchy when you fry them in a saute pan or grill pan) and crumble it up on top of the salad while it's still warm. Delish! I've also brought spinach wraps and pizza sauce and a little bit of skim mozzarella and made little pizzas in the oven at work topped with all my chopped veggies and maybe a little chicken sausage. It works great if you crisp up the spinach wrap in the oven on its own first for a bit at like 400 or 425 degrees and then top it and put it back in. When it's done, I'll either fold it in half and slice it into pizza triangles, or leave it whole and slice it in squares. Either way, it's super good, and usually under 400 cals if you find the low carb wraps. I'm also really boring sometimes and just crave a PB&J sandwich on honey wheat sandwich thins! :)