Feeling Cold

Options
imboswell
imboswell Posts: 104 Member
Since I have had surgery on 10/16/14 I have had a temperature problem. I feel cold all of the time. I wear a sweater and have my small personal heater in my office on all of the time. Does anyone else have this problem? By the way I live in Florida.

Replies

• jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes! There is another thread on here about the same thing. We've lost our insulation! Lol
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I wear so much more winter clothing this year than ever before. I used to get through almost all of the Michigan winter with a fleece (mostly going to and from work). I'd keep a heavy coat in the car just in case, but rarely used it.

This winter, I've worn a long coat just about every day.

Makes me feel almost "normal'!

Rob
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am always cold, and I live in California lol. I have to have a sweater or a hoodie close by at all times. I think many of us who have dropped a lot of weight experience feeling cold easier.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have a space heater under my desk at work and use it all summer. At home the temp is never below 72 unless it's at night and during the day I tend to wear a hoodie or even my big fuzzy bathrobe over whatever I'm wearing. In the summer, we only use the air conditioner because the husband is too warm without it. I would be happy to just open the windows. As jrnguyen said, we've lost and are losing our insulation. My doctor said eventually our internal thermostats will reset, but it takes time. I do think this is beginning to happen for me, at least in the office. I seem to be less cold and am comfortable most days. I am 3.5 years out from surgery. But then I get home and wonder if this is true as I put on another layer and tell the husband that we are not turning up the heat just because I'm cold, don't want a bigger bill. :)
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I kinda thought that was my problem but I am working with a bunch of really (hot all of the time) ladies. LOL
  • bonitadonita
    Options
    Yes, I do agree. I am almost 8 years out and I still get cold, but not as much. I know that my anemia affected my body temperature as well. Make sure you are eating your protein and are getting enough iron. It took me years to actually realize that I could not survive on just the minimum, I needed to work on my iron. I hope it helps.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Yes! Before surgery I was the one who felt hot all the time, so it so strange now to feel cold so often
  • SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I've heard about this happening and was hoping it wasn't the case. I'm always cold now...can't imagine being colder!
  • sunflower625
    sunflower625 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one, i feel like i get super cold easy too now. i always have to wear a pair of socks now it seems and i live in texas.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    imboswell wrote: »
    Since I have had surgery on 10/16/14 I have had a temperature problem. I feel cold all of the time. I wear a sweater and have my small personal heater in my office on all of the time. Does anyone else have this problem? By the way I live in Florida.

Yes I have been cold all the time
  • mfpdevotee
    Options
    i've heard about this also!! guess its true! i'm a little cold sensitive as it is.. let alone after surgery....oh boy!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's not just about our insulation. The body needs more calories in winter to generate internal heat. Our caloric intake is much lower than it used to be so it's harder to warm up.
  • dsm6380
    dsm6380 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Like some others, I used to be the one that was hot all the time. I got sleeved Dec 1 and now I get cold very easily. I live in Delaware and normally love the winter weather, but I may have to move back to Florida so I can warm up. :p