Weekly Post 01/02/ - 07/02/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
I'm looking back on a successful week, much better than last week and now have a week off work, that will be enjoyed!

I will continue with the exercise and will get in my two fasts on Mo / We as I leave for 4 days of snow shoe hiking / yoga on Thursday. It is in a very beautiful part of Switzerland and I'm looking forward to the hikes and meeting new people.

I did well food wise. Although I noticed, I'm a bit addicted to prelogging... Will wean myself off of that slowly.

Weight wise I had a good week too. Hoping I can keep this going. I'm feeling much more positive than the last few weeks or months. Might be that my positive affirmations are starting to reprogramm my subconscience. Or maybe it's because the days are getting a bit longer and the sun has come through our high level winter fog more often. Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

I tried Foami's secret weapon today. I must say the Barilla gluten free spaghetti are very tasty. If they do help with the water retention, I might reach for them again, when I want pasta. I never bought them, because I thought there were alot of additives in them to make them like pasta, but they are mainly just corn and rice flour.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!! B)B)

Replies

• jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f - no prelogging? I thought that was the goal to know what I will eat before I eat it. I would love to hear your perspective on prelogging.
  • flumi_f
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've been logging and prelogging for almost 2 yrs. It was good for me for a long time.

Now I tend to not listen to the hunger signals, if I see there are cals left in the bank. I also just focus on food too much. It is not a general recommendation, just something I need to do, because it was messing up my mind and focus.

I'm not leaving the logging completely, just not always prelogging. Sometime I log at the end of the day. Sometimes not at all. It's keeping me on my toes and more in sync with my hunger signals. I know my meals are normally ok cal and nutrition wise, so if I keep my eye on the cals of my treats, I'm normally in my tdee range.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi all...(who might remember me!!) Back to mfp after a hiatus last year of preparing for my daughter's wedding and then loads if other things going on... so we'll and truly fell off the wagon!! Climbed back on - pulling myself up with all my fingernails dug in. Looking forward to reclaiming my (previously very successful) cyclical calorie intake. Nice to see you all having such successes..Flumi...have a lovely time on your break in the mountains..xx
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hi Chatty. Welcome to the group. Nice to have a new oldie along for the ride :)
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    January has been incredibly busy and really quite tough for me. Although my restart with 5:2 has been successful I am still treating February as my real 'restart' so here goes!
    I'm loving the support on this board and the return to 5:2, but will now be getting my f@t @rse back to activity. Yippee!
  • JJA14
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's really awful weather here today so no chance of our usual Sunday walk but inspired into action by posting on here I've just booked a badminton court for 12:30 for the family!
    I'll let you know how it goes as I haven't played for about 8 years!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Uff...almost found an excuse not to, but I got my a** up and did 60min on my rebounder. A bit of cardio, a bit of strength, alot of core work :p ;-)

Fast day tomorrow and I'm off work, so I made a list of things, that need to get done. Will be drilling some holes in the wall tomorrow, fixing up my little workout corner and finishing the installation of my new shoe closet. That'll keep me busy. Meals planned and cooked, no sweets in the house, not nut butters either, so all is good B)
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a very busy day off and a shoe closet no less. How great is that. I really can't believe it is February already so where did January go. I have had a good January in all lost the Christmas weight I gained and now focused on the next stage.

Does anyone know of any good exercises for toning up legs and getting rid of the dreaded orange peel? I have a dodgy knee so can't kneel on it for long or do lots of squats with it.
    Have a good week.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    I've been logging and prelogging for almost 2 yrs. It was good for me for a long time.

Now I tend to not listen to the hunger signals, if I see there are cals left in the bank. I also just focus on food too much. It is not a general recommendation, just something I need to do, because it was messing up my mind and focus.

I'm not leaving the logging completely, just not always prelogging. Sometime I log at the end of the day. Sometimes not at all. It's keeping me on my toes and more in sync with my hunger signals. I know my meals are normally ok cal and nutrition wise, so if I keep my eye on the cals of my treats, I'm normally in my tdee range.

Thx for the explanation. It gives me food for thought. I really focused in on logging preempting hunger signals so that the log rather than my hunger controls my eating. Would love to get to a place where it is the other way around. Is it possible after so many years?
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    [quote="
    Does anyone know of any good exercises for toning up legs and getting rid of the dreaded orange peel? I have a dodgy knee so can't kneel on it for long or do lots of squats with it.
    Have a good week.[/quote]

Have you tried cycling, If the saddle is high enough it does not hurt the knees.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Finished up January with a 8.5 lb loss. This included the holiday weight gained.
    I'm setting my goal at 6 lbs for February.

Julie-I agree cycling is great for the legs, also planks. Planks are great when you are limited from injury.
    Flum-your planning leaves me in awe. I'm so all over the place.
    JJ-how was bandminton?
    Chat gal-welcome back!!

Everyone else I hope you're still thriving.

My 20 week Tri training starts this month but I need to be active before then. It is my goal to get off my butt and run-cycle-swim ....
    We have the second round of the flu in my house and very little extra gets done when the kids are sick...and I'm working more hours. Oh boy. I'm great at excuses. :s
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    chiccam wrote: »
    Finished up January with a 8.5 lb loss. This included the holiday weight gained.
    I'm setting my goal at 6 lbs for February.

My 20 week Tri training starts this month but I need to be active before then. It is my goal to get off my butt and run-cycle-swim ....
    We have the second round of the flu in my house and very little extra gets done when the kids are sick...and I'm working more hours. Oh boy. I'm great at excuses. :s

Hopefully you didn't gain it back watching the SB...which you probably didn't after your reaction to Carroll/Wilson's mistake. Great weight loss sorry for your other loss (assuming you are a Seahawk fan!! )

• chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a Seahawks fan, and I did cut my snacking short after the lame mistake on the play choice.
    I went over about 100 cal's. Which isn't bad.
    Kind of lost my appetite, I even said no to cheese cake. :'(
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Oh my SB went totally past me....wasn't a fan when living in the US and don't think they aired it here as there was a big snowboard event on the TV.

Chiccam awesome loss!! And your next goal is pretty big too. Have fun training for the tri!
  • JJA14
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    We had so much fun playing badminton - the kids really loved it so it will hopefully be a weekly event now.
    - Not as much exercise as you would think as there was a lot of waiting around for the children to finally serve...But not too bad as me and hubby had a couple of games without them and made each other run around nicely. Interestingly, it's my buttocks that are aching this morning! And I'm off for my first 'Zumba' tonight for at least 12 months. It's going to be messy!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sound like everyone's doing so well...keep it up and congrats to everyone!

I had a fast day on Saturday and ended in the 600s...aiming for another fast day tomorrow with better results.

So WEIGH-INS:

I had a weigh in on Sunday...and I don't know about you guys, but I have a bit of a ritual (no not banging drums and dancing) You know...wear the same (light clothes), put the scale in EXACTLY the same place, weigh in the mornings before eating anything. So that I can get a bit of consistency. Well...I have this digital scale and on Sunday...each time I stepped on it (like one after another) it gave me a different reading...like 3 pounds difference! I stood on it the same way and didn't move it at all. So either I'm 1.4 up or I'm 1.5 down. The annoying thing is that it's not even an old scale, I only got it a year ago. Let's hope I'm down and not up!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Time for new batteries, Snaps. The digital scales do that, when the power is low ;-)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    It's 15h and I'm about at half time on my fast today. Closet is up and filled with my shoes, and hmmm BOOTS, mirror hanging, power tools put away, printer wifi installed, floor mats cleaned and ready for my next indoor workout, lunch eaten.

Might save the trip to the shopping center and recycling for Wednesday and do a little rebounding now. Found a new workout on YouTube yesterday, that I'd like to try. They say it's a mens workout, but I looked through. Tough but doable.

Then off to shower, buy some groceries in my village for tomorrow's lunch guests and off to tai chi class after dinner. Not much possibility to screw up my at home fast today, nope! :p

Have a good one!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    morning everyone! Thanks for the encouragement in last week's thread about my thyroid! I really appreciate it. I had a pretty bad weekend food wise, but I'm fasting today and looking forward to drinking tons of water.

Thinking I'm going to try to get some exercise in tonight because I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, and then my car has to go into the shop. I didn't exercise at ALL last week, and gained, so that certainly helps!

My goal this month is to lose 5 lbs!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Time for new batteries, Snaps. The digital scales do that, when the power is low ;-)

So funny you should say that...right after i posted that, that is exactly what I thought it could be. :D