Getting to Know You...

Options

Replies

• jacqbult
    Options
    ktpie76 wrote: »
    Such a pleasure to meet you all! It is a wonderful decision but tougher for me mentally then I expected it to be. We all have demons we face or we wouldnt even consider it right?

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I lost on a regular basis I would be happier...darn head hunger.
  • jacqbult
    Options
    Opps, I am from MI and had surgery Nov 24th....
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Lori from Michigan and I'm scheduled for Feb 16th! Will be starting the Pre-Op diet in a few days. I've been on MFP for a couple years but new to groups!
  • aliibambam
    aliibambam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ali I'm from Miami. Got my surgery 1/14/15. I'm on week 2 of liquids. It's really hard to adjust but I don't regret it. I've lost 25 pounds since preop diet. Any tips for me???
  • amylhatch5
    amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Once you start eating foods take SMALL bites. I didn't realize it was that important until I kept getting food stuck and threw up a couple of times. It's not fun, so make sure you only swallow a small bite at a time. Lol
  • kaferrell
    kaferrell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Karen, living in Okinawa Japan. Got sleeved on 1/16/13, lost 100 lbs, plateaued last year during the move overseas, now refocused and ready to continue my journey.
  • kaferrell
    Options
    aliibambam wrote: »
    Hi I'm Ali I'm from Miami. Got my surgery 1/14/15. I'm on week 2 of liquids. It's really hard to adjust but I don't regret it. I've lost 25 pounds since preop diet. Any tips for me???
    Hi Ali! Congratulations! As hard as it is, follow all the doctor's instructions. Get in the protein! I liked Isopure Zero carb protein drink if you want a change from the thick, milky protein. It's whey protein, but it's clear, no carbs and a 20 oz bottle is 40 g of protein. It's palatable if you drink it very chilled. Post op, I found that soup made my tummy very happy. Pho broth is the best, if you like it. Once you can start with solid food, nibble when you start. You may not be able to eat some things right away so sample slowly to make sure nothing gets stuck. Get your walking in- you'll heal quicker. Don't go hard, but try to walk a little every day. You can friend me if you like-I'll answer any questions you have along the way.
  • kaferrell
    Options
    afmom wrote: »
    Hi, I am Michelle from Gulfport, MS. I was sleeved just eight days ago on Jan 5, 2015. I have struggled with my weight most all of my life and 5 years ago I had lap band and lost 110 pounds, but ended up with complications that caused the band to not work. Over the years I regained most of the weight and began to have more problems so the band needed to come out and my surgeon was able to convert it to a sleeve. I am excited to get a second chance and learning to a new healthier way of life!
    Hi, Michelle! Congrats on your sleeve! Looks like we have 2 things in common-the sleeve(I was sleeved 2 years ago) and I'm a proud AF mama, too!
  • herecomesthesun99
    Options
    Hi! I'm Erin and I was sleeved on 1/28/15. I live in Texas.
  • hmires
    hmires Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi...I'm Holly from Arizona. I had surgery 1-9-15 and have lost 40 pounds so far. I know that is good...but I still wish it was faster. Lol. I get so bummed when I weigh and don't lose anything...or gain for no reason. Water I'm sure...but I want the numbers to keep going down! I have already had a stall (lasted 1 week) where I lost NOTHING.
  • smhyde2
    smhyde2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ..My name is Minda, Im from Poteet, Tx..I went today for my Dr consult.I start my diet monday, 2 shakes, 1 high protein meal a day. Just waiting on my insurance to say yes, and get my surgery date. Im trying to get all the info i can before and for after surgery...thank you to all for the great info....Im really excited to get this started. im 5"9, 245lbs, goal would be 170
  • ckmeyers2001
    Options
    Hi! I am Krista from Nebraska. I had surgery 12/12/14
  • garnet1981
    garnet1981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Bonna, and I had my surgery 07/24/2013. I topped out about 313 and am currently bouncing around 205-213lbs. I live in the Indianapolis, IN area. I would like to get another 20lbs off by summer, so I am trying to get refocused. I am still pretty good with the quantity I eat. It is the quality that is keeping me from my goal. I am also trying to get back on track with my exercising and not making excuses.
  • kathrinoula
    Options
    Heys girls! I'm Katerina from Greece. I had my sleeve on the 8th of January. I looovin it so far! Feel free to add me!
  • kimberlyrenej
    kimberlyrenej Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am Rene' from Wyoming. I had the sleeve Feb. 13. I love it so far but am amazed at the amount of mental cravings I still have. The hunger isn't there but the cravings are. Anyone else struggle with this?
  • joolie3
    joolie3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Julie and I am in Chicagoland - Illinois. I am approved for surgery for Gastric sleeve and expect to be scheduled end of March/early April. I admit I'm scared! Feel like even though I've already been doing a VLCD it's not coming off...hoping that changes after surgery. Trying to start to prepare pre-op and looking for some friends and support. :)
  • marian9057
    marian9057 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marian and I live in Scotland, near Edinburgh. I had sleeve done on 5 February 2015. Starting weight before pre-op was 289lbs and now, 257lbs. I'm definitely getting enough protein but struggling a bit with drinking enough water and doing enough exercise. Any tips?

Looking forward to making some new friends
  • Downs816
    Downs816 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Joyce. I was sleeved on 2/2/15 six weeks ago today. I am 30 lbs down. I thought that it would come off faster but I am committed to this so I guess slow and steady will be my mantra. I may not be where I want to be but at least I am not where I was. :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in San Antonio and having sleeve surgery on April 1st; yeah I know - April Fool's Day
  • GinaNewman
    GinaNewman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just started my journey. Finishing up all requirements this month and hopefully scheduled for May!