calorie goal?

Options
With so much to lose, do you eat your calorie goal? I know my metabolism is so slow I couldn't eat near what they suggest. I tried once before ...didn't work. Anyone else? I try to at least eat 1600 calories...but what they suggest is almost a 1000 more.

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I eat about 2500, my DR set that for me.....and I have been losing on that.....and my metabolism is VERY slow, so slow in fact that there are even certain medications I cannot take because they take way too long to get out of my system....
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Is that less than MFP?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    When I played with my numbers, it was slightly less, they recommended 2690.
  • vaunche
    vaunche Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not knowing your stats makes it hard to tell you why or what your calories should be. The more you weigh the more calories you use just to exist. So you can eat more and still loose more than someone who is smaller. In order to help I would need to know things like your age, sex, weight, activity level, work outs per week, types of exercise ect. If you accurately input these things into MFP it should give you a good number. 2600 is higher than my 330 lb husband was calculated at his level is 1900 so something tells me you made an error somewhere or you work out a lot but since you said your metabolism is low I'm guessing it is the former. Feel free to PM me and ill try to help.