So frustrated!

Options
jampoppy
jampoppy Posts: 4 Member
I am a month in on my low carb lifestyle and am LOVING it...however, i seem to be stalled. I have stayed under 20 grams of carbs and about 1500 calories-however for the last week and half I have not lost an ounce. NOT A SINGLE OUNCE. I have been steadily in ketosis, but nada. I know it's going to eventually break, but DANG!

Replies

• hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The scale is a lie! Lol Seriously. If you're in ketosis you will definitely see that number go down. I was at 251 4 days ago and today even though I have lowered my calories for the past several days I was up 3-4 lbs. The thing that helps me is taking pics every few days.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Get the measuring tape out and see if your measurements have changed. Are you doing lots of exercise - would that have added muscle?
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feeling your pain. So can someone describe the physics that involve losing fat but not having that loss translate into lbs on a weighing device? I am having a problem with the logic.
  • lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've read that as the fat cells empty they fill with water for a time. Eventually they release the water and the scale moves down. That's why you'll see the same number on the scale for a while and then suddenly lose a pound or more.
  • nscal
    nscal Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually gained .2 this week. Kinda frustrated but determined to keep going.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    OK so I can just see all of us getting the rolling pins out and flattening out the water from our belly fat. Hummm I might have gotten out on the wrong side of the bed today.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    lol Shades, don't feel bad! I think there's something weird about today cuz just about everyone I've come in contact with has had a bad day or "gotten up on the wrong side of the bed." My scale is being a *kitten* too. After decreasing my calories the past few days yesterday it was saying I was up a few lbs, but I'm not gonna worry, my pants are still falling down every 5 seconds.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I was stalled for 4 weeks and JUST went down again today. Just stay steady and don't cheat. I started back on atkins 20 carbs Dec. 6, lost immediately, then stall stall stall until yesterday/today Feb. 1-2 down a few more. Total 11 since I started back on atkins. I feel so much better.

I ordered some swerve and carbquick and can change up my recipes a little more now. Don't intend on doing them all the time but they can help with optional recipe choices. I think boredom may be the culprit which swings me to cheat in the past so I am doing much better this time around.
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    I think this is really the first time I do not even have the desire to cheat. If I feel a need for some thing sweet I do some cream cheese with very slight sprinkle of stevia on it. It is always with in my 20g of allowed carbs. I have been pretty strict usually under 15 grams. NOT giving up. Today got goofed up eating wise because we had company. I would much rather enjoy our company then say oh I need to eat my lunch. LOL
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Don't stress it. Water, food that's being digested, salt levels, muscle repairs all contribute to weight gain. Watch for trends. If weight continues to creep up and you're not noticing any difference in fit or the fit is getting tighter, then look at your goals. But fluctuation on the scale is completely normal. For example, I went up a pound on the scale, but all my clothes fit looser than a couple days before. Ergo, no worries on the weight gain, it's something other than fat. Maybe I had more salt than usual, or I had some muscles that needed extra water to heal, or etc.
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    icerose137 wrote: »
    Don't stress it. Water, food that's being digested, salt levels, muscle repairs all contribute to weight gain. Watch for trends. If weight continues to creep up and you're not noticing any difference in fit or the fit is getting tighter, then look at your goals. But fluctuation on the scale is completely normal. For example, I went up a pound on the scale, but all my clothes fit looser than a couple days before. Ergo, no worries on the weight gain, it's something other than fat. Maybe I had more salt than usual, or I had some muscles that needed extra water to heal, or etc.

(*) Thanks
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    jampoppy wrote: »
    I am a month in on my low carb lifestyle and am LOVING it...however, i seem to be stalled. I have stayed under 20 grams of carbs and about 1500 calories-however for the last week and half I have not lost an ounce. NOT A SINGLE OUNCE. I have been steadily in ketosis, but nada. I know it's going to eventually break, but DANG!

When ever I go "maintenance" (I don't call it stall anymore) I do a 24 hour water fast. That breaks it loose every time.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan