ROLE CALL

Options
wennim
wennim Posts: 276 Member
Just trying to get an idea of who all is still around and how things are going for everyone.

I'm still here. Still chugging away and down 110 lbs. Things have slowed down a lot now.

Replies

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Am here. Gained 5.5lb in last 8 days so working on the water intake
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Out of pocket all day. still trucking. Day17 I think of new way of eating. doing fairly well. hit a brick wall financially which affects everything else. wishing all luck.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Cmon peeps Jan is over time to stop hibernating
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Still around, still working at it. Right now trying to lose what I put on in Dec having some good days and sadly many hard ones right now. It is not that I do not care about anyone else or that I am throwing in the towel. It is just sometimes when this gets hard for me all I can do is try to keep logging, ignore everyone elses moans and groans, and try to find my way back to where there is a balance so that losing the weight or not losing it in my case is not all there is in my life. Also right now I feel like I have nothing to say, I am in head down mode. Doesn't help with -30 weather. Things get more positive and easier come Spring time for me.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Here. I am sorry I have not been here, we have had major family problems and those have been taking all of my attention. I will make sure I check in at least once a day.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Tishtash77 - kudos to you taking care of yourself the best you know how! It is really hard sometimes to step back like that and be a good kind of selfish taking care of you first! If you get motivated reading other's writings, Lise, aka Maoribadger, had a fabulous writing over the weekend that is really powerful about being kind/forgiving to yourself, getting back on the path, keeping things in perspective, fighting back, all that good stuff!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/maoribadger/view/upon-consistency-727499

Julie,

Sorry to heart of your family troubles - but we're glad to see you pop in and make an appearance. It just saddens those of us who really got kicking in this group to see it dwindle and wither so...

Hugs to all, struggling or not. Make today better than yesterday. Hugs.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Hi guys. Sorry you are struggling right now. It's just good to know you are still around still trying still trucking and I hope time brings some relief from the troubles yoy are having. Should you need to vent we are here xxx
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I had been here previously and joined this group and then went on vacation, gained all the weight I lost back and didn't have the heart to keep at it. I figured I would wait until the holidays were over to come back, so I'm here now. I don't know what I am going to do next year during the holidays, lol. That ones going to be toughie.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Then a huge welcome back. It doesnt matter if you slip backwards sometimes as long as your general direction is forwards. Every effort counts. Think by next year you will be more practised at this if you start now and if you gain a little well shizz happens sometimes, you lost it once you can do it again
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Here (raising hand). I'm more of a lurker sorry. I tend to read most but comment on a few things. How's everyone doing?
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am still here, but like 40 I am more of a lurker. I may be quiet, but I am trucking along.
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm here, I'm trying!!
  • sysof
    sysof Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hiya all. :) I lurk more than anything and just track my food. I should be more social. Everything says that people with support systems succeed more often than those without! I'd love to be a help to others too.
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Glad to see some more people here even if you prefer to lurk. When I first started I read a lot and even though I didn't post I learned a lot of things. I felt better just reading and being able to relate to what these strangers were going through. I was never very social but as my weight has gone down I am finding it much easier to do so.

I don't know for certain if it is the reason that things are clicking this time or not but of all the times I have tried to lose weight this time has been the most successful by a longshot. Many times I would get frustrated and be on the edge of giving up only to read a post by someone that made me realize that I can do this. So lurk away and I hope you find something of use to you!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Echoing what wennim says. Welcome all lurkers. I have found the forums invaluable as a resource to learn and am slowly slowly undoing old bad habits. I've learned this week that I can let my husband have coke in the house without needing to drink it and I've learned a bump in the road isn't the end of the journey. I've gained then lost this month so am now the same as I wa a month ago but am not letting it faze me even though the scales aren't moving. I know I'm fitter healthier and smaller than a month ago anf the scales will catch up eventually
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I avoid the forums like the plague, but I've found myself a few good key groups and I have decent friends. My blog is always open to anyone, and all the thought changes I've gone with as I've gone through all this are there...primarily for me, but if they help anyone else, that's awesome.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss

Should be open... Hugs to all!
  • CBell223
    CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Still logging every day and reading my "news feed", but hardly ever do the forums and don't check on my groups very often. Wishing everyone the best though.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm still here logging away.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... I'm here, or at least have been for like 17 days. I had gastric bypass on Jan 26th. The weight is coming off slow, but according to my obesity help group, I've done great considering since Jan 12th, I've lost 30 lbs. My body is just trying to catch up and heal. I feel amazing.
    Have a great day!!!
    Carrie
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I avoid the forums like the plague, but I've found myself a few good key groups and I have decent friends. My blog is always open to anyone, and all the thought changes I've gone with as I've gone through all this are there...primarily for me, but if they help anyone else, that's awesome.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KnitOrMiss

Should be open... Hugs to all!