Just checking- what are your triggers?

Options
marekdds
marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
Wanted to see if we could start our own discussions w/o Theresa. Otherwise, the other threads will get really long. I love all food, but my biggest downfall is sugar. Been know to eat an entire box of chocolate.

Replies

• poutchikins
    poutchikins Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Let's see....chocolate, ice cream, cheese, wine! Those are my biggest hurdles and I am trying to work around them now....except the wine, which is still a priority!
  • marekdds
    Options
    I agree. From the get-go I decided to not give up things that I couldn't live w/o forever. I just don't eat an entire box anymore, lol.
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I posted this somewhere but I'll post here too. I read after a workout you should have low fat CHOCOLATE MILK. yes chocolate! I'm excited. I got some today and I'm gonna have it after my dancing/workout.
  • marekdds
    Options
    I think I have heard that too. Sounds good to me.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Wine, cheese, good bread - I'm in the wrong country!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Badger, what country are you in?
  • bethlauren8
    bethlauren8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Badger belongs in France!! I love sweets, and breads, and ice cream, and I eat them all in moderation now. But it is really hard when something is especially yummy!
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes I am in France - temptation all around!
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My triggers are stress, and I run (not walk) towards anything slightly resembling sugar or carbs...like the candy dish at work. Going to try and figure out something else to do when that happens. I'm worth more than those little mini chocolate bars! :smiley:
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    I have a hard time with will power if things are too close. I didn't sit at the table with the food last night because I knew I would keep picking - even though I wasn't hungry. And I did get up and get more stuff than I should have because it is stuff I don't have in my everyday life. Did I need 3 pigs in a blanket? Heck no, but since I never eat them otherwise I ate them last night. Now I am paying for it. I love what FourLynne said - I am worth more than those little temptations. I do well daily, apparently it is parties I suck at!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Badger, you have my sympathies (and envy). Fourlynne, I understand stress eating and I am right there with you running for the sugar when things are tough. Beth, good plan walking away. I have to do that. I pick and pick even if I am stuffed.
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    Mine are chocolate, cheesecake, chips and cheezies. Evenings are the worst for snacking. Living alone is hard and loneliness and boredom are hard for me when it comes to will power. Trying to keep lots of visuals around as reminders of why I started this journey.
  • bethlauren8
    Options
    Boredom eating is so common - I do it all the time. Remember to always drink water first when the craving hits and hopefully it will go away.
    -
  • marekdds
    Options
    My problem is I eat when I am bored, sad, angry, depressed, happy......etc
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fourlynn try Werthers sugar free caramels. They're pretty good. I pop one in my mouth and it'll last about 5 minutes. Just long enough to get through the urge. They have chocolate caramel too.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    kheinl wrote: »
    Fourlynn try Werthers sugar free caramels. They're pretty good. I pop one in my mouth and it'll last about 5 minutes. Just long enough to get through the urge. They have chocolate caramel too.

Thanks! I will definitely have to check those out. I did better yesterday. Normally, I grab a handfull and go my way. Yesterday, I limited it to just one and I survived. Still need to get out the door in a more timely manner to get some exercise into my day. I feel a bit trapped lately with work, but it will be up to me to change that dynamic. Going forward! March March March!
  • lilyandree59
    Options
    kheinl thanks for sharing the sugar free caramels tip...will look for those the next time I am out grocery shopping.
  • marekdds
    Options
    I do like werther's, thanks for the tip.