Options
valmaebel
valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
jvwj34wck3zv.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help it, I saw this pic and it cracked me up! :)

I'm so excited to hear about all the running! Probably because I can actually run now too! I did just shy of two miles yesterday morning. It was time trial of a mile with. warm up and cool down to follow. I'm trying to be better this year at actually tracking my progress over my training year. I also spent last night and figured out what my weights should be at now. Obviously I've lost a bit of muscle mass over the past three months and had to tone down the weight a bit. Now this morning I am doing some sets of strides (sprints) for my run this morning.

Today the kids do not have school for some teacher in service day. So after a meeting this morning, I'm taking the kids to the zoo. I'm going to try and remember to turn on the mapmyrun ap so I can see how far I walk while I'm there! :)

Happy hump day! :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    ^Haha! But does that really say all that much? Haha.

Well, today tom visited and I'm gonna sit this one out. Would rather be running, but the first day with tom has too many different ways that a run could go terribly wrong. :\ Checked the weather and Friday and Sunday are looking like possible rain, so those'll be my gym days. It's been a long time! The other days I'll shoot for runs. The consistency of running daily is helping. My ankles and calves are getting better and better (they feel fine most of the time, and most of the runs too!) and my eating situation this week is the best it's been in months, even with tom (again I think I can thank long slow runs for that!).

Have a good one!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My week has been going great so far! So glad after last week. Today will be bright and sunny and above freezing. Yeah! I'm planning to run to my trainer workout and back.

Yes, Sherry, the first half marathon is in Frederick, MD. Glad that running in general has been going well for you.

Valma, sounds like you're getting things together. Hope you enjoy the zoo.

Laura, love your success write up. You should really be proud of yourself.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It's VERRRRY discouraging to weigh in heavy.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I just now realized I can get here from my phone app. Has probably been available a long time.

Don't feel well today so skipped the yoga class I had intended to check out. Have a cold & sinus pressure and hanging upside down sounded miserable. Plus I'm exhausted. My Thursday, Friday & Saturdays are bigger workout days and I would rather rest tonight and be ready for those than push it and be too wiped out to work out.

Sounds like a great first run Val!

Sherry sorry to hear about tom. Bah. But you can look forward to gym days! And that's great news about feeling stronger from running.

Jealous of your weather Donna! Sunny here today but quite cold. Hope you had a good run & trainer session. Doing anything fun with your trainer?

April it is. But focus on the big picture. This is just a blip. I found an inspirational photo today online that I printed & put on my fridge - basically listing how you feel when you don't make healthy choices (clothes are tight, skin looks dull, no energy, etc.) & a reminder to think of those things before you make your next unhealthy choice.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my first session with Jason. Got a really nice text from him that made me a little emotional quite frankly. What a wild 2 years it's been.